1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's so different about those Christians?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by JamesJ, Apr 24, 2003.

1. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

I just read a kind of disturbing article that you all might like to read for yourselves. I am not taking any stand on this pro or con, I'm just posting this here for your consideration.

Chasing Papi, Finding Jaci
    Kevin McCullough
    Thursday, April 24, 2003
    I am beginning to see why more and more non-Christians find it difficult not to look at the genre of "Christian" music and sneer, jeer and laugh. It is also sad to see how much the Christians involved in that very industry are self-destructing.

[Read the article HERE]

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

:( (sigh)
    I was shocked when I started seeing the posters for this movie all around NYC a few weekes ago, and then noticed her name. She was dressed more moderately than the pther psercon with the tight red dress, but then the article says she does wear innaproporiate stuff in the film.
    It just shows me that many of us are confused as to the Christian life, and go over the top sometimes. And of course, I'm sure Cloud and all the other traditional only talebearers will snatch this up to prove their case against the music. It seems that everybody is going into extremes, and nobody knows Biblical balance.

3. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Accurate article. Normally I would be rather noncommital about a Christian performing in a movie I didn't agree with. But in this instance...after Jaci has heavily involved herself with True Love Waits, I just don't understand why she would do it. And I am truly disappointed. Maybe if I see her at Creation I'll get up the courage to ask her why she acted in it.

Really, the worst part about this is what Eric said, now you know that the traditionalists are going to be jumping all over this as a way to condemn all CCM artists. And this also blows her credibility for True Love Waits, and makes Christians in general look like hypocrites. :confused:

I don't know, maybe after I've stepped back and looked at it more objectively I'll see I'm overreacting. I hope so, I'm guessing she'll have to release some sort of defense of her actions to the Christian mini-culture in order to keep her good standing with them. I guess really we should reserve judgment until we see it.