1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's so good about baptists???

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Bartholomew, Feb 21, 2003.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As to the subject of why the board has the "Baptist" policy, I will make no attempt to explain. I am not the owner of this board, nor do I have any stock in it. I am only a moderator, I guess, because I have a great interest in Denominational Studies and Baptist History, and was asked if I would moderate in those forums. I will illustrate that there is "some" logic in the way the Board works, regardless of whether one agrees with whatever reason the owner may have chosen to do it a particular way. For example, say that someone in the American Baptist Association (ABA) wants to start an ABA discussion board. Now if they do start one, and decide for anyone who is a member of a church in the ABA to be the ones that can post, then that becomes their policy. That excludes everyone from the BBFI, BMAA, IFB, & SBC, etc., but includes everyone who is in the ABA. Now certainly there will be some BMAA-ers, IFB-ers & ABA-ers who have closer beliefs than some ABA-ers & other ABA-ers. But if that is the established policy, that is it - end of discussion. The owner of the ABA discussion board could decide that it will be all ABA-ers that believe a certain way, or all ABA-ers and other Landmark Baptists that believe a that certain way, or he might want to limit it to all ABA-ers that believe just like he does (which would be his wife and him, and that's just because she hasn't told him about what she disagrees). If an ABA-er doesn't like the policy, he doesn't have to post there. I think thats fairly simple and works the same here as well.

As to all moderators taking a stand against those who openly oppose the word of God: (1) the moderators, AS MODERATORS, are not enjoined to take a stand against anyone, but to keep the rules of the board; and the moderators, AS BAPTISTS, do not have a greater duty to stand than the rest of you Baptists - [ARE YOU TAKING A STAND?]; and (2) you may miss the point of whether the moderator is taking a stand against those who oppose the word of God because you expect them to take YOUR stand. In every post I make, I post STANDING for what I believe. I will have to give an account to the Lord for what I do. Thankfully, I don't expect to give an account to the Lord for what any of you do or expect me to do.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I state my position, it reflects ME, not my position as an Administrator on the BB. Speaking the truth in love is not an easy challenge for any of us.

But I shoot at false doctrine and its proponents like I would a rabid dog or loose rattler here in the living room of my faith.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Christine;

The moderators cannot be expected to read every post on here. There is a little whistle at the bottom of each post and it says, "Report Post".

If you find something offensive, click on the whistle. It will go to all the moderators of that particular forum along with all the posts in that particular thread.

A moderator will check the posts and do what he/she feels best. I have seen several threads shut down because of personal attacks.

Sooo, if you don't like something that is being said...BLOW THE WHISTLE! [​IMG]

Sue

4. Mark Osgatharp

Mark Osgatharp New Member

Brother Vaughn,

I understand your position as a moderator. I also understand that whoever owns this board has the right to put any stipulation they want and is not obligated to allow anyone to post.

My only question was as to "why" the sole criteria to post here is being called a Baptist. Were Paul or John here today they would not be allowed to post for, as far as we know, they were not called Baptists.

Again, I'm not questioning the right of the owners to make that kind of decision, I'm just curious as to why they did.

Mark Osgatharp