1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's the real story?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Phillip, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

What is the real story that the KJVo people like to tell about Logsdon, who was supposedly one of the men who came up with the NASB idea and write the introduction?

Did he really turn KJVO or is this just a big story? What was the real story about him.

I know the KJVonly people just love to quote this, Riplinger was quoting his letters.

Is there any truth to the fact that he may actually have changed to a KJVo and does anybody know the real reason why?

(I don't need a KJVo myth here. I'm looking for the truth.)

2. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Thank you, TC. That was a good link. So, it appears Ms. Riplinger does it again.

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Dr. Frank Logsdon authored his little booklet about his testimony against the NASB.

5. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, Logsdon never claimed to be a NASB translator or co-founder of the NASB or an employee of Lockman Foundation like Riplinger and other KJVO's claim.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I ordinarily don't quote David Cloud, but his analysis seems to be fairly balanced:

"Part of the problem has been caused by some who have made claims for Logsdon which he did not himself make. Note that Logsdon never said that he actually worked on the NASV or the Amplified Bible translation or that he was an actual employee of the Lockman Foundation. He did not claim to be "co-founder" of the NASV."

LOGSDON AND THE NASB

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

OK, But what does that mean to me in English?

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It means, in English, that the KJVOs have concocted yet another fishing story. Many of them are always fishing for stories, real or imagined, that they hope will lend a little justification to their KJVO myth, and this is another of them.

Another fave is Riplinger's story of the anti-Onlyism gent losing his voice on the John Ankerberg show. However, Ankerberg himself squelched that story by placing a recording of that episode online.

Will someone please post that link? I don't have time to hunt it right now.

"So many fish-So few lines." (unknown KJVO)