1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

when a believer has Charisma....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by UnchartedSpirit, May 12, 2007.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

What should he do with it? Is it ok to witness or preach to people you're inadvertedly hypnotysing? Do you think Charismatic people can even recieve Jesus without losing that ability afterwards?

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

You lost me with "inadvertedly hypnotysing". All carisma is, is the ability to be a likeable person. A carismatic person is somebody who can speak to people in a way that makes them likeable, believable and understood. It is somebody who is interesting when they speak.

Hypnotysing has nothing to do with it. Why would you loose the ability to be likeable.

3. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Oh. Well see, I just saw the "Lonnie Frisbee" documentary with my Papa, and he theorised that it was his 'charisma' that made him popular and so immesenly infulential as a 'hippie' pentecostal, though he used the term hypnotysing first...But perhaps they are different and we were mistaken on that matter....but I didn't want to bring up a debate over him...