1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When Are We Disqualified As Preachers/Pastors?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by foxrev, Apr 6, 2005.

1. aefting

aefting New Member

Well, foxrev has a particular "well-known" situation in mind. I have wondered about this, too. How long should a man in a situation like this refrain from public preaching ministry. When is it OK to go back on the conference/revival circuit as if nothing had happened before? And when would it be OK to actually pastor a church again? Does that answer change if you are a nationally known leader?

Andy

2. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

It sounds like this man gets drunk when he is on the road preaching revivals. If this is the case, he needs to stay home and avoid the temptation!

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

This is my memory verse for the week

I COR 9:27

"I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, after I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified."

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Very good Tater-tot, very good. Another verse which shows how we are to behave ourselves. Thanks.

In HIS service;
    Jim

5. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    foxrev,

Maybe I will be shunned for saying this but if I were you I would step down and work on my relationship with God. Nobody's perfect but if someone is arrested for drunkeness as a pastor they should repent, step down and seek other employment.

However, I do believe that going back into the ministry is between you and God. People will judge you harshly. If you still feel called of God to pastor after time then seek another church in another area. I believe that all people make mistakes. If you are really convicted about and change I still believe God can use you.

I do believe people take "blameless" out of context. What about a pastor that stumps his toe and says a bad word by accident? He is no longer blameless. Anyone that claims to be without sin of some sort is calling God a liar. All will sin and do sin. Remember though, ministers are judged differently than others. God bless you. I hope you find peace and direction.

In Christ,

Untangled

6. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I don't think foxrev is talking about himself.

7. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops.. Sorry. Thought you were talking about yourself for some reason. Did not mean to accuse you of anything.