1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured When Conversing With Liberals Remember The Rules

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Points south of the Rio Grande had us beat by a good hundred years. Google up colonial spanish racial charts.

Racism has existed since we've recorded history. The age of sail or age of discovery caused a great increase of contact between races. And we know what followed. People before were just as racist, they just had very limited interactions with other races.

Look at other places and times before the USA, Spanish vs Saracen, Arab vs African, Jews in Europe, Roman vs just about everyone else. Horrible racism recorded in their writings and actions.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course there was.
    I am a veteran and my loyalty to my country is unwavering and I have/had no qualms about defending it.
    But we do need to be honest about our sins as a nation else how can we pray honestly to have righteousness reign starting at the grass roots all the way up to the WH?
    Acts 17
    24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
    25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
    26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
    27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

The latest of these sins of bloodshed is abortion which knows no racial bounds.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I in no way intended to deny any of America's past. I just find the idea that the USA was some sort of fount of racism unrealistic.

The first slaves in America came from a Portugese ship, that had been captured by the English. The slave trade and the horrors associated with it pre-dated English colonies.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AMEN!!!

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I stated BLACK vs WHITE as a social construct. There was no other place in the world that this was seen as a dominant feature in an entire nation prior to what took place in the United States. For sure racism existed in other places. But we were talking about BLACK vs WHITE.

6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were the Spanish not white? In the 1500s their was a white European elite at the top of their colonies, with native Americans and Africans at the bottom.

7. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what's a social contruct? Are you saying institutionalized racism is a social construct, but plain old racism isn't? That really limits what can be debated.

Racism is a sin of opportunity. If there were no countries before the age of sail with a large population of whites and blacks, then of course the racism that existed had a smaller impact.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Did the Spanish refer to themselves as white? Did the Spanish set themselves as superior to others because of their being Spanish or because they were white?

Perhaps a precursor to what really took off with the arrival of slaves in the 17th century.

9. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    African slaves began arriving in Spanish colonies in 1501.

I'd say the Spanish got along well enough with Columbus. Must of been because he was white, because he wasn't Spanish.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rob, "man's inhumanity to man" is universal.

Pray for our nation.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Butterflygirl2

Butterflygirl2 New Member

13. Butterflygirl2

Butterflygirl2 New Member

I am not ashamed of being white and Christian and conservative. There is a pervasive theme going on now days that other races cannot succeed unless the Christian white person is being persecuted and attacked. We all know from what the Bible says in Ephesians 6:12, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. It seems we are facing persecution now more than at any other time in history and most people believe this is only the beginning.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

I agree, as we are not to be conformed to this world, and that includes insane political correctness.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What you're experiencing is not persecution, but rather folks refusing to be bullied by folks calling themselves Christians while exhibiting nothing of the love of Christ , but rather of their own god, conservative politics.

Conservative politics definitely isn't synonymous with Christian conservatism.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1