1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When did God stop speaking?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salamander, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Can you explain how an inanimate object can enjoy something?

I enjoy reading God's inpsired words. I don't always enjoy what God says to me when He first speaks to me from His word, but as I cling to the Cross and obey His command I find myslef in His perfect will having joy unspeakable and full of glory!

I'll worship as the Spirit leads according to what I've hidden in my heart from His word. I haven't attained to true worship beyond what I find Him to speak in His word.

His Son, being once dead and now risen, yet speaketh.

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Your feddish is turned into an obsession that causes my wife to be suspect of your intentions.:laugh:

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

NO.:godisgood:

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

:laugh: Your bias controls you to the point of reacting according to your imagination!

I'll say it for you a little differently: I love good commentaries and devotionals which hold true in their referencing God's word. God speaks this way very well.:godisgood:

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

The gross error upon your behalf is to make a claim where there is no wording to justify your action.

I didn't even mention the ESV or ANY "p" word!

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

You're a sly one, Mr. Salamander- I'll give you that. Anyone with one whit of 'horse sense' knew what you were implying. I'll leave it up to the moderators to decide but you know in your heart what you were implying.

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Maybe you should address me on this via PM as the rules of BB command!

To allude to other members to have "horse-sense" is very derogatory and a slam at anyone who is a member.

I love the way you determine what is the intent of my heart.

Matthew 7:1-3

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

And fashioning the word of God as a weapon against thy brother is ok in your "book".

Stick to the topic.

It is out of the abundance of the Heart of God he gave us His forever settled in heaven/ inspired word!

Attacking the word of God is what you've done when you use it against the person of another as to slander them.

You have judged the intention of my heart and violate Mathew 7's inspiration.

You have also violated the admonition to reprove, rebuke, and exhort with all authority by judging my intentions. You are not my authority. The word of God is my Authority and it IS inspired!:godisgood:

Care to proceed in your violations?

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Being as you asked -
    Clearer now?

Signed, Language Cop

11. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

What you are feebly attempting to express would actually be called "libel" (not "slander"). Libel is a false publication (as in writing, print, signs, or pictures) that damages a person's reputation. But I fail to see how libel could be applied to your standing here.

12. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The perfect defense against either libel or slander is if the allegations are TRUE.

13. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Oh, yeah, sure! This explains exactly how an inanimate object can experience something!:laugh:

You're a riot.

14. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I'll be praying God remove these scales form your eyes.

Libel is slander.

15. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Now there's sound reasoning.

16. Salamander

Salamander New Member

So, we can conclude that all of God's word is still inspired due to the FACT that God has never stopped speaking through His INSPIRED word.

We were never really talking about when and if His revelation of word was still active.

To ask if God ever spoke an inspired word in English is a deliberate and self-conceited ATTACK on the very word of God!

Glad I have the Actively Inspired Words of God who cannot be made to stop his mouth!:godisgood: (although some would dare to try.)

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Almost correct.

We can conclude that all of God's word is still inspired due to the FACT that God has never stopped speaking IN His INSPIRED word.

And all translations, including English ones, can derive "applied inspiration" as they accurately translate what God has said IN His inspired Word.

18. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I couldn't agree more, except God has never depended upon anyone to derive applied inspiration to that which reamins for all eternity to be directly and personally inspired.

I suppose you would also, as a whole, award applicable inspiration to the NWT!

As in any OTHER translation, the inspiration was halted when something diametrically opposed to sound reason was introduced. That cannot be said about the KJB, but it can about some other Englsih versions, huh?

19. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

Really? Wow. Well then, now I'm convinced.

But seriously, just three words. That's all? C'mon, denial is not refutation.

Although, I do sympathize with your predicament. Hmmm. Since the truth can't be refuted away, let me try to help you. What should Salamander do in this situation? Oh, wait! I've got it! He should predictably resort to some arrogent 'holier-than-thou' slur (like: he's praying for the other guy). Yeah, go with that! Maybe no one will notice that you've got no substantive responses whatsoever.

#39 franklinmonroe, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2008
  20. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Yep, when one has exhibited the higher understanding the one of lower degree resports to insults as if he has now gained some superiority in his deviant process.

Reminds me of the darwinists expulsion of those who can't help but admit intelligent design.:laugh: