1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When did John the Baptist Get saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salamander, May 8, 2006.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

[ May 09, 2006, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: saturneptune ]

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I said borderline, and I don't really care what you appreciate when you say I said something I did not say. You have made an attack, I did no such thing.

You asked what questions?

I know what Jesus said, and that is right.

You said John the Baptist could see into men's hearts.

You also say that the Holy Ghost leaped in his mother's womb when it was the babe that leaped.

Are you now saying that the babe is the Holy Ghost and that the babe that was born is John the Baptist too?

BTW, stop taking my adjectives and turning them into nouns.

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Three. Guess who they are?

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

YES

Luke, chapter 1
    13": But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

"14": And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

"15": For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

(Also notice, he shall be great in the sight of the Lord.)

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Well I do belive i did receive the Holy Ghost since it is He that indwells me. I also belive that I am sealed unto the day of redemption by that same Holy Ghost that I also received when I received Jesus into my heart. I also believe it is that selfsame Spirit that will deliver me that I received that day I got saved that will see me safely to my eternal home in glory.

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Yes. To all the Scripture you've quoted. No! to your statement that the Holy Ghost is John the Baptist/babe who leaped in his mother Elizabeth's womb.

No! that John the Baptist was saved before he was ever born.

Yes, J the B was greater than any man ever born of a woman, but to equate himbeing saved before his birth is heresy.

He clearly ereceived what Jesus sent by his disciples before he died/ John received the word of God.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He was Elias who had already been redeemed according to Jesus. and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
    (You or I did not come into the world that way and Jesus just told his deciples to tell John that it is I. )

Acts, chapter 8
    18": And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

"19": Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

"20": But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

John, chapter 15
    "19": If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

If you have the Holy Ghost it was after you were chosen out of the world.
    This debate is going no where and become insulting so, good day to you sir.

BBob

8. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Question about your chart here ME4. Are you saying that the resurrection comes at the beginning of the 7th millenium of world history? That is a typical Jewish mystic belief, but there is a problem. We are in the 7th millenium and ain't nothin happuned. </font>[/QUOTE]When was Jesus resurrected, "Early in the morning" of the "Third day"???

This is also when the chart shows the "First resurrection".

Ho 6:2 After two days will he revive us: (Israel) in the third day he will raise us up, (resurrection) and we shall live (and reign) in his sight.

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

You've insulted all Bible believers with your trash.

I think you've gone off into some sort of tangent and can't explain your statements.

I'll answer any question you have from the BIBLE!

You can quote all the Scripture you'd like, but if you're going to make heretical statements then expect them to be challenged and exposed.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Salamander,
    You owe Brother Bob an apology. All I know about the Holy Spirit is that He is my daily guide. That has nothing to do with this. You are rude, even by lost standards. Brother Bob has spent his life in the ministry to the Lord. We disagree, but he is very gracious in debate, you arent. And he certainly is not a heretic. My guess is that you do a lot of talking in real life, just liket he donkey you mentioned above.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If you expose what I have said then you will expose the Scriptures and if you don't know enough to know that John the Baptist was born different than us, was sent of God, was great in the eyes of God, baptized our Lord, preached the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, came in the Spirit of Elias by the Lord's own words. (All Scriptures and not heretical at all unless you are calling Jesus and the Holy Scriptures heretical and to do so would probable be blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, the only unforgiveable sin.)

12. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Lu 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

Lu 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, (Elijah)

I'd bet you don't believe in "Reincarnation", do you??? (same spirit, different body)

Just where did the concept of reincarnation originate, Heaven or Hell???

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

When you correctly answer that question then you have to ask, "WHY" and "HOW" is it used???

The AC receives a "Deadly head wound", but come back to life, he's not "resurrected", but "reincarnated" by Judas Spirit from hell.

Re 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, (on earth) and is not; (now) and shall ascend (back) out of the bottomless pit,

Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? (Judas)

Ac 1:25 from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. (being a devil, Hell)

There's a little more to scripture that what you presently understand.

13. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Boy, this one looks like the old-fashioned bar-room brawl in the western movies. Looks like some of these topics need to be split off and new threads started.

14. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Double Post

15. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is not dealing with reincarnation, and Elias' spirit, but the Holy Spirit who powered Elias.
    The AC is the exact evil opposite of Christ, which would make the AC the Devil incarnate. I have never heard the "Judas reincarnation" one before, but that is way out there for me. In the same manner Christ was resurrected, the AC will still be satan incarnate...not Judas.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well it was when He received the Holy Ghost and Peter said what hindereth them from being baptized seeing they have received the Holy Ghost same as we. It must of been from Peter's preaching for He didn't notice it before hand but the Bible is really silent on it for sure but its just my assumption.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

KJMatt.17
    12": But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

"13": Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

19. npetreley

npetreley New Member

You should start your own thread on this. IMO, it is a very important lesson.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

But, Cornelius's alms had already come up before God also. A good question alright.

Don't let your babies cry!!!!