1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When did John the Baptist Get saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salamander, May 8, 2006.

1. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

This is not dealing with reincarnation, and Elias' spirit, but the Holy Spirit who powered Elias.
    The AC is the exact evil opposite of Christ, which would make the AC the Devil incarnate. I have never heard the "Judas reincarnation" one before, but that is way out there for me. In the same manner Christ was resurrected, the AC will still be satan incarnate...not Judas.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The promise wasn't to "send the Holy spirit", but to "Send Elijah".

So, was John "Eliajh is spirit", you say no, even John himself said no, but Jesus said Yes.

Joh 1:21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

Mt 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already,

Mt 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Did John lie, No, he wasn't the same "Elijah" who rode a whirlwind to heaven and Israel was expecting to "SEE", as they will during the trib,

Personally, I don't think John was cognitive of his "role".

Mt 11:2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,

3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

You had to have "Spiritual Vision" to "See/Recognize" the "SPIRITS" occupying those "bodies of Flesh" in Jesus's First coming, which won't be necessary in his "Second Coming".

Mt 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. .

Joh 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

Spiritual vision comes only by "FAITH", Jesus wouldn't "TELL Them" plainly, and neither would John.

Requiring FAITH is the "key stone" in God's plan.

God has a SON, Jesus, and Satan has a SON, Judas.

The two Sons have two encounter, both at Jesus's comings, the batle between the sons ends at Jesus second coming, when the Son of predition is destroyed, however the war between the "father's", God/Satan, doesn't end until after the Mk and at the GWT.

The same list of "characters/events" who appeared in Jesus's first coming will appear at his second coming.

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

When was John the Baptist saved? When he died.

3. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Amen Brother Bob

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

God has numerous sons...believers, as does satan...non believers. Judas is not satan's only son.
    Mat 17:10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elijah must first come
    Mat 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elijah truly shall first come, and restore all things.
    Mat 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elijah is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
    Mat 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
    John the Baptist was a "prophetic Elijah"...a "type" of Elijay, not Elijah reincarnated. I would be careful about this reincarnation view. Nobody from the OT (Moses, Elijah) appeared as somebody else when they talked to Jesus, and we are given no such thing from Scripture.

5. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

God has numerous sons...believers, as does satan...non believers. Judas is not satan's only son.
    Mat 17:10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elijah must first come
    Mat 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elijah truly shall first come, and restore all things.
    Mat 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elijah is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
    Mat 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
    John the Baptist was a "prophetic Elijah"...a "type" of Elijay, not Elijah reincarnated. I would be careful about this reincarnation view. Nobody from the OT (Moses, Elijah) appeared as somebody else when they talked to Jesus, and we are given no such thing from Scripture.
    </font>[/QUOTE]There are many "Sons of God", but only one "Son of God". (Jesus)

And there are many "Sons of Predition" (destroyer) but only one Son of predition". (Judas}

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist (Singular) shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Until there was a "Christ", there wasn't an ANTI-christ, both come in the "last days".

There's Two obvious facts,

1. John was "Elijah".
    2. John's body was not the same body that went to heaven in a whirlwind.

Resurrection=same spirit, same body,
    Reincarnation=same spirit, different body.

And I don't think Judas's body is going to be resurrected during the trib, his spirit enter the body of the person killed by the head wound, people believe he is "resurrected", but actually he's in "reincarnation" by Judas spirit from hell.

The trib is 7 years, but Judas is only given 42 months (3 1/2 Years), the AC of the first half of the trib is "peaceable, Flatteries, treaties", then he receives the deadly head wound, the AC of the last half is war/murder, a complete personality change.

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

On Thursday. At about 2 o'clock PM. Eastern.

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

No I do not. I addressed what he said that is not ever substanciated by any Scripture he has or is able to post.

He said J the B could see into men's hearts. NOT!

He also said that the Holy Ghost leaped in the womb of Elizabeth. NOT!

You are very judgemental. YES!

You also are calling into question my salvation. THAT IS AGAINST BB RULES!!!

You have also called me a jackass. THAT IS ALSO AGAINST BB RULES!!!

I made no accusation against my brother. I said "borderline charismatic". I DID NOT CALL BROTHER BOB a charismatic.

I also said his post was "closely heretical". I DID NOT SAY HE WAS A HERETIC!!! You said I did, he said I did. I DID NOT!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

8. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I never said any Scripture was heretical and I don't appreciate your trying to say I did. Quote me please?

I agree with everything you just said concerning what the Bible says about John the baptist, but you added some things and cannot provide any Scripture to support those very things like ," The Holy Ghost leaped" and "John could see into men's hearts".

I addressed those statements you made. You have run off into some sort of tangent saying I said anything any different.

Show me where the Scripture ever says that any man born of a woman doesn't need to be saved?

My Bible still says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God; that would include John the Baptist. So if you think he didn't need to be saved, and like you already said, "he was never lost", then tell us the Scripture that explicitly staes that?

You have this one man, born with a sin nature, to bypass the Blood of Christ and sidestepping receiving the Word of God to say he was "never lost".

You can play this little game of yours all you want as if I have "blasphemed". The burden of proof lies upon your shoulders; either recant or provide evidence otherwise.

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Amen Brother Bob </font>[/QUOTE]ok, so you both are telling us that J the B was perfectly sinless?

Hmmmm.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He saw in the hearts of the Pharisees for He called them serpents.

Misquote here but not far off for the babe leaped in the womb and the babe was filled with the Holy Ghost and I am sure that is why the babe leaped, and if the babe leaped and the Holy Ghost was in him, well..........

( I forgive you anyway) [​IMG]

Give them time when they realize the Lord himself said he was Elias they will come around also.

11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

No. He saw their actions which revealed what was in their hearts, else the following is not true,"But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart."

Only can any man see what is inside a man's heart by what proceedeth out of the mouth.

John the Baptist spoke concerning the Pharisees being serpents and needing to bring forth fruits meet for repentence because he knew their works, not because he could see into their hearts.

John the Baptist leaped in the womb of Elizabeth "filled" with the Spirit, not indwelt by the Spirit. There is a great difference.

Being filled is being controlled by the Spirit, being indwelt by the Spirit is being sealed unto the day of Redemption which is salvation.

To follow the harmony of Scripture, John didn't actually have saving faith until he received the Words of Christ as evidence that Jesus was actually the Messiah.

I hear preachers all the time saying John was saved from his mother's womb, but that goes against Scripture and would make him the only man other than Jesus to be sinlessly perfect.

Now we have the understanding that I made no direct accusation towards you, please allow me the grace to be understood without over-reacting.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Who are you to say He could not see into their hearts. Why would you call someone a serpent if you couldn't see his heart was evil. We are talking about John the Baptist not Samuel. You say you hear preacher say all the time John was saved from his mother's womb but you don't believe it. Again, who are you to say that all those preachers are not receiving the Gospel from the Lord. "who art thou old man who would judge another man's servants."
    I didn't say John had saving faith, I am saying He himself was saved. I am glad to hear you say you hear preacher say that all the time. Tells me there more right than just me. I agree He said to bring forth fruits but you don't believe in good works so what do you mean? Do you believe Salvation by works then that goes against all you said before. You say John leaped from the womb of Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit.
    This says that John Himself was filled with the Holy Spirit;

Luke, chapter 1

15": For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

(If John didn't know anything before Jesus came why when He saw him afar off did he say "behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the whole world")

At least acknowledge it when you are presented with Scriptures. If you can' admit when you do make a mistake you will give me the impression you think you are perfect.

Finally, who are you to question my Salvation. I don't question yours. BTW, I am quoting from memory and if I miss a word or two forgive me if it don't change the meaning of the Scripture. If it changes the meaning then call it to my attention.

13. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Amen Brother Bob </font>[/QUOTE]ok, so you both are telling us that J the B was perfectly sinless?

Hmmmm.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You asked, "When did John the Baptist Get saved?" I told you and Brother Bob told you. Do you accept this? It is what the Bible tells us. It is what Jesus tells us.

I don't see where either of us said he was sinless. We just tried to answer your question of when he was saved. He was saved when he died.

14. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Mt 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias (Elijah) talking with him.

Zec 4:11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?

13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, (Moses/Elijah) that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Re 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Moses/Elijah play an important, and different, role than anyone else in God's plans, I suggest learning all the facts before being "dogmatic".

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When he filled out the "Baptist Press" decision card. :D [​IMG]

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I guess this makes the Apostle Paul a "heretic" when he says in Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"

And I reckon that Jesus was just "shootin' off steam" when He quoted for the Rich Young Ruler---"Why callest thou Me good? There is none good but God"

And I guess that Isaiah lied when he said---"We have all gone his own way"

If John the Baptist was (as you believe) "never lost"---why did he see his own unworthyness before the feet of the Lord Jesus??

As great as John the Baptist was---there is one greater---the Lord Jesus Christ---and if you have never repented of your sins and have never received Him as savior and Lord of your life---you will die and spend your eternity in Hell!

17. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

I guess this makes the Apostle Paul a "heretic" when he says in Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"

And I reckon that Jesus was just "shootin' off steam" when He quoted for the Rich Young Ruler---"Why callest thou Me good? There is none good but God"

And I guess that Isaiah lied when he said---"We have all gone his own way"

If John the Baptist was (as you believe) "never lost"---why did he see his own unworthyness before the feet of the Lord Jesus??

As great as John the Baptist was---there is one greater---the Lord Jesus Christ---and if you have never repented of your sins and have never received Him as savior and Lord of your life---you will die and spend your eternity in Hell!
    </font>[/QUOTE]2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

And Just how many people do you know that goes to heaven in a chariot of fire/whirlwind, without dying, without be changed, and is coming back again, twice as a matter of fact, is killed both times, but the second time he arrives, it the same body that was taken to heaven in the whirlwind, thousands of years old, it's killed and lays in the street 3 days then is revived/raptured??

What do ya'll do, read a verse or two then build a doctrine around those verses totally disregarding everything else in scripture?? :confused:

Ya'll would be better suited writing stories for that profession that begin their stories with: "Once upon a time". :D :D

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

blackbird;
    Were you sent of God from your mother's womb?

Were you filled with the Holy Ghost before being born?

Did you know when you saw Jesus coming and say "behold the lamb of God"?

(must of been His works the reason John knew Him, Salamander)

Were you sent in the Spirit of Elias?

The Lord said he was Elias, do you deny the Lord?

John had a sinful body as a saved person of today and that is why he had to die because of Adam's sin but He was a man sent of God and He was not sent to sin but to be a forerunner of Christ and to make ready a prepared people.

You do err when you try to compare us with John the Baptist (Elias if you will have it) The words of the Lord himself. I am simply stating what Jesus said and you are denying it?

and if you have never repented of your sins and have never received Him as savior and Lord of your life---you will die and spend your eternity in Hell! [​IMG]

Think real hard before answering this one blackbird and Salamander. If John was not saved what was a wordly person doing baptizing our Lord, amen, Oh, I love it when He said think not what you shall say for I will give it in self same hour.

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

If he never was "lost"---answer this question

When Herod had him arrested---and there John was--in that jail cell---pinned up like an Eagle in a Canary cage---why did he have to send two of his disciples to Jesus to ask

Are you the One or do we wait on another??

If he came straight from God---why is he doubting God here??

That really sounds like the spirit of Elias there, doesn't it???

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

He couldn't see Him is why he asked.

You answer my question if you can "why would Jesus be baptized by a unsaved person."