1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured When Did the Church Begin? Pentecost? Earlier?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Tom Butler, Jan 29, 2014.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You need to present Scripture. The answer as presented is meaningless. Came as a bebe and then come a second time as Messiah or Christ, What happens in between?

WE are better equipped to interpret Scripture since it has been fulfilled. How then does the Dispensationalist come up with a "parenthesis" church if both comings were prophecies in OT.

2. OldRegular

So what was supposed to happen between the two comings. The OT prophets did speak of two comings but the Jews of Christ's time were looking for an earthly Messianic Kingdom. The name Christ is simply the Greek for "the anointed" or the Messiah.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be the church Afe, the Mystery God revealed to paul, that in that time, BOTh jews and gentiles saved by the Messiah!

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Careful you will draw the scorn from some of your Calvinist buddies for saying something like that.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God ALWAYS had national isreal rejecting Jesus as coming Messiah, and used that to bring gentiles into the fold, as jews/gentiles in Body of Christ, church, by same Messiah!

God had the church Age of grace planned and determined beforehand, not in reaction to jews rejection, but because of it!

And THAt was hidden fromOT Prophets, revealed to paul!

6. OldRegular

Well now I would not say that. Recall that Jesus Christ Himself, the Annointed One, the Messiah, states unequivocally to His Disciples in Matthew 16:18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And you want me to believe that the Church was a mystery revealed to the Apostle Paul; nonsense!

Both Jews and gentiles saved by the Messiah! Get serious! Are you really saying we did not know that until sometime after the conversion of Saul to Paul. I can show you gentiles saved under the Old Dispensation. Are you simply ignoring John 3:16 when you make such assertions. Are you simply ignoring the Great Commission given to the Apostles when you make such assertions. In doing so you are showing one of the tragic teachings of dispensational error, that God has two people, an earthly people the Jews and a heavenly people the Church. This is particularly ridiculous when Scripture teaches that:

Revelation 20:11
    1. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 21:1-4
    1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The New Jerusalem is the Church and God is going to be with them so where does that leave the Jews; if dispensational doctrine were true?

#46 OldRegular, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  7. OldRegular

Please defend by Scripture! Otherwise???????

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    saved jews and gentiles in new jerusalem, while Jews atill alive when Jesus returns will be ushered into the Millinium reign of Christ!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well since isreal inscrptures NOT the Church, how could it be otherwise, that the church WAS indeed always planned by God to happen?

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How so? Why would holding to the church always being part of the eternal plan of God be something they would hold me to task for?

11. OldRegular

No Scripture, No evidence!

12. OldRegular

So where is this millennial reign to take place since Scripture states that:

Revelation 20:11
    1. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 21:1-4
    1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Jesus returns, satan is bound in Pit for 1000 years, and messiah rules out of earthly Jerusalem!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God called out nationa state of isreal for the Jews under the old covenant, correct?

Jesus bulit at his first coming the Church. correct?

God calls isreal and church as NOT same to him, correct?

So?

15. OldRegular

Can you prove the by Scripture?

16. OldRegular

I do not see a single Scripture to support your assertions. So where are they?