1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When did you Receive The Sin nature?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

I guess this is all a big joke to you, just a game. There are several here at BB that seem to have this attitude.

All I can say is enjoy it while you can.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats right......cause your Gods other son. The gospel according to Winman. no one else need apply. Just like any snake oil salesman!

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    These jewish christians had made a profession of faith. judaism was a legal religion at that time,christianity was not.
    The warning was against apostacy...going back , not assembling with christians,which they are being exhorted that it would be apostasy vs.4-8
    Thorns and briers are apostates...ezk 2 isa 10.

So if in vs 9 ...you see the contrast;
    Those who fall away......if having fallen away...are apostates in contrast to those who by the grace of God...perservere.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem not to understand that there are some people who have sinned all their lives & quite enjoying it. Then the intervention of the Holy Spirit. you reject that outright while admitting that you've heard it in peoples testimonies.

nobodies questioning your salvation story, but if its unlike your own experience....it cant be true, right!

See thats why you will NEVER UNDERSTAND Calvinists cause it isn't your own personal experience. Thats called narrow minded!:tongue3:

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

I disagree with Calvinism, and I present scripture that I believe refutes it. Calvinists believe regeneration comes before faith, so I presented scripture I believe proves that error. I could show MANY more.

I am not selling snake-oil, look in your Bible, the verses I presented are there. Read for yourself and see what they say.

And all you have to do is show me scripture that shows a person is regenerated before faith. Problem is, there is not even one single verse in all the scriptures that says this.

You have been sold snake-oil already, but it wasn't by me.

#45 Winman, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See....your always right! No matter how many show you otherwise, you will not concede. you live in the world of "I'm right & you're wrong" ..... there is nothing else to say to you & no use carrying on conversation with you.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Please show any scripture that says we are regenerated before faith and put it to rest. Don't just whine.

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Agreed.....but remember, only the flesh is conceived in conception, the soul comes from God.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I agree.......(few extra "." to make this post go through)

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

need more studying before I can reply....sorry.....

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

But what does it mean to be a "partaker" of the Holy Spirit?

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Psa 51:5 is not a good verse to prove Original Sin for several reasons.

#1 it is hyperbole or exaggeration. In vs. 7 David speaks of being washed whiter than snow by hyssop. Can you literally wash sin away? In vs. 8 David says the Lord had broken his bones. Did God literally break David's bones? NO. So David is using hyperbole in this Psalm, we should no more believe he was conceived a sinner than we should believe God literally broke his bones.

#2 it is not interpreted grammatically correct. All you have to do is substitute any word for iniquity and sin to see this:

Behold, I was shapen in GLADNESS; and in JOY did my mother conceive me.

Substitute any word and you will automatically read the verse properly.

Some scholars believe David was speaking of being born illegitimate. When the prophet Samuel came to Jesse to anoint the king, Jesse TWICE brought his seven sons to Samuel, but did not bring David. It was not until Samuel pressed Jesse that he brought David (1 Sam 16:1-13) So it is possible, even likely that David was confessing he was born in sin of illegitimate birth.

#3 this interpretation does not fit the context.
    Vs. 1- MY transgressions
    Vs. 2- MINE iniquities
    Vs. 3- MY transgressions, MY sin
    Vs. 4- have "I" sinned.

In the first four verses David is clearly confessing he alone is guilty for committing his own personal sin. It completely violates the context for David to suddenly blame Adam for his sin in vs. 5. This would nullify his previous confessions in the first four verses and be nothing but blame-shifting.

So, Psa 51:5 should not be the foundation of doctrine for MANY reasons.

#52 Winman, Nov 5, 2011
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why LOL....dont you believe my testimony and / or the testimony of others on here like Guy Fredericks? Are we lying to you?!? :rolleyes:

OK....Ezekiel 11:19

New International Version (NIV)

19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

and the individual is brought out of darkness into God's wonderful light.....evidence 1 Peter 2:9

New International Version (NIV)

9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

It involves a change of one's character that he or she becomes "a new creation" in Christ.....2 Corinthians 5:17

King James Version (KJV) this time (if you prefer)

17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And the bible speaks of the new birth often.....shall I give you biblical references for that as well? I have several if your not familiar. :smilewinkgrin:

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Amy even though you did not ask this directly of me I am going to give my understanding and Herald can give his. The passage is not talking about an individual being a partaker. Notice it does not say indwelt.
    The passage is not about someone who has been saved and walks away. This is dealing with the Jewish people. Here is how it reads;
    For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

You really have to understand LEV to some extent and see how the Jews were made partakers as a people and were enlightened, and tasted of the heavenly gift through all the rituals, sacrifices, miracles and such to understand this.
    This is dealing with Jews as a people and if after all they experienced as a people and all the light they had been given and now that Messiah had come, if one of them turns away they cannot be renewed again as there is nothing else to enlighten them with. To reject Jesus as the Christ it would take another Jesus and that would be crucifying Him afresh and that will never happen.
    Sometimes I tell a little story in conjunction to the Jew to show just how blind (stiff neck and hard hearted) they were. It goes like this.

There was two men each having their own business. They lived in different cities far apart. The time came when one man needed the product and services of the other man's business so he contacted him and asked if he could fly there and meet with him, and look over his product. The man agreed and offered to pick him up at the airport. Then the man asked this. How will I know you when I come to pick you up? The response went like this. I will be wearing pink shirt, orange poka dote pants, a white top coat with only one sleeve, one brown shoe and one white, and I will be carrying a bird cage with a parrot in it. Do you think you will be able to
    recognize me?
    Well yes that is silly and no doubt he got the right man at the airport, but the Jew had that amount of evidence to recognize their Messiah when He came and they still rejected Him. That is why if they reject Him now they cannot be renewed again as there is no more evidence to give. They have it all.They were partakers of the spirit in all the feasts, rituals, and sacrifices as well as miracles.

#54 freeatlast, Nov 5, 2011
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One: Does the sin of Adam affect no one but himself?

Two: Those born since Adam ....have they been born into the same condition Adam was in before his fall, that is, into a position of neutrality so far as sin is concerned?

Three: In todays world, are human beings able to live free from sin, if they want to?

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

Those verses do not even mention faith. You need to show verses that address faith. I have shown several verses that directly speak of believeing, and show that a person first believes before they receive the indwelling Holy Spirit and life. You are reading into scripture that which is not stated, I am not doing that.

17. Herald

Herald New Member

Amy,

The partakers are those who benefited from their association with the visible church. The verse I cited, 1 John 2:19? This is a perfect example of those who disguised themselves as believers during their time in the church; but while they were in the church they were able to avail themselves to all the graces that the church had to offer. My previous post covered this ground.

18. Herald

Herald New Member

Winman, please forgive me for breaking into this dance :) Belief and faith are the same thing. They are the verb and noun forms of the same word - pistueo. I thought that would help your discussion.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

One: Does the sin of Adam affect no one but himself?

The results of his sin effects everyone. Romans 5:12

Two: Those born since Adam ....have they been born into the same condition Adam was in before his fall, that is, into a position of neutrality so far as sin is concerned?

No. There was only one sin that could cause man to fall and that was eating of the tree. That tree is no more. We are born in the condition Adam was after his fall. That is why we must be born again.

Three: In todays world, are human beings able to live free from sin, if they want to?

If you mean obeying the commands of God Yes we are. All sin (disobediance) is a choice. No one ever has to sin, but all do. That should give some understanding of what our hearts are really like.

20. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Faith is a noun an object that comes from God like His word for instance the object of our belief Jesus. Then belief is a verb an action that does not come from God but from us. God does not need to believe we do. He gave us what to believe in.

They are different words

#60 psalms109:31, Nov 5, 2011