1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When I'm in Heaven...

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Acts 1:8, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Acts 1:8

Acts 1:8 New Member

I just noticed something...the Missions / Witnessing / evangelism Forum only has 4 posts...

I wonder if this happens to be a reflection of our most inward attitudes toward the lost? I'm not trying to be critical, however I wonder if its a small indicator of where our Interests and priorites lie?

When I'm older, on my death bed, or in Heaven, I don't want to ever look back and have regrets. I want to know that I lead some people to the Lord.
    The Internet has millions of people connected to it...What are we as individuals doing to reach these folks?

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

On the Internet, you can't go out to people, you've got to make the people come to you. Hmm.... I'lll have to ponder that for a moment.

3. Acts 1:8

Acts 1:8 New Member

So lets invite lost people here ;)

[ December 20, 2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: AdoptedByGod ]

4. Me2

Me2 New Member

Just because we die in this body of flesh and are given a "new" Spirit doesnt mean that
    our soul stops growing and changing after the death of the flesh. Until we are perfected (which who knows when, or if ever)
    we will be giving ourselves away to all the citizens wherever we're at. God designed us so that he can live in and through us to others...

He will provide someone in need.
    and WE WILL BE the supply to that need.

all of the language in the bible points the believer to establish themselves to submit to their God who directs them to submit to the need of their fellow man. To be themselves and allow God to be the supply to the believers, fellow man.

Barr none.. Whatever the need, To Whomever...anyone,.even everyone.

In your life, He only asks you to submit to his will,. His directives..and for what ?.

In this world of Resistance ?

For practice,..for a trial,...and for a Testimony.

My beliefs tell me that Christ is fashioning me to be a tool. Not for this life or this world. but the next. A tool that is used to redefine the human soul. to restablish the human heart to understand the love of God for His children. Sort of like a social worker in "heaven" to reassured and reinterpret a persons understanding of what is happening. To help a person redefine what is glorifying and not glorifying to God in the individuals life.

Christ is a worker...and the human soul and spirit are in a process of continual growth towards understanding God and his nature.
    The Father has given Christ the inheritance of the kingdom. The citizens of the kingdom are his inheritance. Their individual lives. so He takes personal responsibility for each and every person and takes personal care of their growth, understanding and progress.

BUT,......He lives through you and me.... to them.

Christ inheritance becomes your and my inheritance. (overcomers)

The citizens of heaven are your inheritance.....Heres how:

You become part of their individual life. They become part of yours

Be prepared to give of yourself to others in heaven. In every way God has planned for you to. They will have needs.. you will be their supply...their answer...in an environment that will be without resistance and sin where they can receive and understand the truth.

How long ?...well time is not a question...Jesus says that we will have a new body, spirit, earth.....and heaven.

Thanks to the recreative power of God Through His believers towards his creation.

Thats going to take some time and effort.

Just some thoughts...but there is a purpose. and people who are called now..are called for a purpose..to Train..To acquire a testimony..to aquire answers...for what and why....

For Others..For Their needs...

So while your here and now and life is trying you. Maybe the payoff isnt the life your experiencing at the present moment. Maybe the real reward is far beyond our imagination.
    and it will involve you and the lives of countless others that you will personally share yourself with.
    Maybe the testimony which you are creating now is for the sharing to countless others.

Whatever the needs of others in the future in heaven....Your recording and experiencing the answers for them, today....

Me2

5. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I think that forum is something you do...not talk about. I post there every so often...but it's hard to carry on a conversation, when no-one is reading it.

I don't think a lack of posts is reflective of a lack of action in the area of soul-winning or evangelising as some call it or witnessing as some others call it or missions...which is basically the same subject.