1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'When people are dying, you must come back from vacation': French foreign minister

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius has a message about Iraq for Barack Obama: Get back to the White House and do something.
    'I know it is the holiday period in our Western countries,' Fabius told a radio interviewer Tuesday in France,' but when people are dying, you must come back from vacation.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Obama-golfing-Iraq-burns.html#ixzz3AOh3czRk
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When the FRENCH have to tell you it's time to grow up and fight....

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well it is kind of disingenuous to say nothing was done. I mean we did do something right? I mean unless Obama himself needs to start riding shotgun on airstrikes then I really don't care what this guy's opinon is. As for the French, they would be the first to complain that Americans have arrogantly declared themselves the police of the world yet have the audacity to start yelling "somebody do something!"

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Shows how far Obamma has dragged the country down.

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do I feel like that is your response to most of the posts in this forum. Do you just copy it and paste it in every thread.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt that the French have much room to complain about our president's vacation time.

But they did notice. That's a little disturbing. Makes one wonder how many of our allies notice, but say nothing publicly.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://jds-midknightreview.blogspot.com/2014/08/france-ally-of-obamas-maybe-not-so-much.html

Editor’s notes: Ironically, under a fresh Obama, Great Britain was replaced by France as our new “closest ally.” Obama sent back a bronze bust of Churchill while gleefully petitioning a French alliance. The irony is found in the fact that the above lede story is about an “in your face” criticism of Der Leader coming from the French leadship. You all can argue about Obama vacation days versus Bush’s vacation totals, but nothing changes the fact that this man, B Hussein Obama, works no more than 2 hours a day at being president. He really is a full time fund raising party dog, and a part time pretender with it comes to the presidency.

While his defenders argue that he is always the president, that he is never far away from the phone, that he has staff and appointed personnel to do his bidding, leaving him with all the time he desires, to fund raise, party at the WH and vacation . . . while they make this argument, they cannot explain why we need a "president" if "the man" can do his job by remote control.

Think about this: what would America look like if Obama walked away and the Democrats ruled this country, as a collective, without benefit of their “president?” How would things be different? I am suggesting that there would no difference at all , which means, of course, that this man is totally irrelevant. Heck, he can’t even hold onto the respect of his new allies.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frankly, I am glad that 0bam@ is in Martha's Vineyard and I wish that he would stay there.