1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When Ron Paul did not vote with the Republicians

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Ron Paul is not exactly a contender for the GOP presidential nomination. Therefore, how relevant are Paul's votes to the nation at large?

2. Does anyone vote with his/her party 100% of the time? Wouldn't that show a lack of independence if he/she did so?

3. Considering how liberal the Republican Congress has become during the Bush administration should conservatives/libertarians have voted quite a bit against the majority of the GOP?

#2 KenH, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Maybe that is why Paul is not a major contender
    2. I would be leery of anyone who votes 100%
    3. I do agree that the Reps have been a bit liberal*
    4. Why are you so PC?

* Our own congressman, Jim Walsh (R) has been voting a bit more liberal lately. The last election, he barely won re-election. The same Dem will be running against Jim again this year. A month ago, I was sitting with the Conservative Party (Onondaga County) we were interviewing Jim to see if we would endorse him again for another term. Basically, I agreed with most (though not all) of his answers.

But here is the situation, if the Dem wins, we will have a much more liberal congressman in the House. This district is getting more liberal so it would be unwise to put up a unknown more conservative candidate.

Thoughts

Salty
    Vice Chair, Syracuse Conservative Party Committee

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is PC? If you mean "politically correct" I didn't know that I was, especially in this forum as I often disagree with what is considered to be politically correct in this forum.

Personally, I am finding myself more and more disenchanted with the Republican Party. To me it looks like it would be more properly named the Corporatist Party as it gives the appearance of being more interested in the welfare of corporations and Wall Street than it is the welfare of individual American citizens.

#4 KenH, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  5. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Sounds like you are losing faith in the idea that helping the corporations and the rich helps create jobs and investment for the "individual American citizens." It's trickle down (on) economics, often funded by huge national debt, which in itself has its own benefits as well as concerns. When it works, it is far more efficient than raising taxes so the government can fund everything, as the democrats prefer. But when it doesn't work, you have an even greater than normal class disparity. And in the meantime you have the democrats and their media screaming at the help given to the rich. Though the poor rarely start businesses that transform themselves and their neighbors into employed taxpayers.

Personally, I think the whole idea of a growth-based economy is a pyramid scheme.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's just me being me, that's all. No PC point being attempted on my part. :)

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct.

9. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Bingo!

This is the main reason I am NOT a republican!

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Likewise that is the reason I am not a Republician. I am a member of the New York Conservative Party - click on http://www.cpnys.org/

Your profile does not indicate what State you are from. If NY, then come join us, if not, then start the Conservative Party in your State.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Likewise, I am not a Republician myself. I am a member of the NY Conservative Party - click on: http://www.cpnys.org/

I encourage you to become a Conservative