1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When The State Is Not Your Friend—–Police Asset Seizures In 2014 Exceeded All Burglaries

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Nov 20, 2015.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Between 1989 and 2010, U.S. attorneys seized an estimated $12.6 billion in asset forfeiture cases. The growth rate during that time averaged +19.4% annually.

In 2010 alone, the value of assets seized grew by +52.8% from 2009 and was six times greater than the total for 1989.

Then by 2014, that number had ballooned to roughly $4.5 billion for the year, making this 35% of the entire number of assets collected from 1989 to 2010 in a single year.

Now, according to the FBI, the total amount of goods stolen by criminals in 2014 burglary offenses suffered an estimated $3.9 billion in property losses.This means that the police are now taking more assets than the criminals.

Continue . . . http://davidstockmanscontracorner.c...set-seizures-in-2014-exceeded-all-burglaries/

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well Poncho, we've found something that we can both agree on.

Asset seizures are one of the most blatant attacks on our civil liberties I've encountered in my lifetime. They are literally one of the things my ancestors fought against in 1776. Not only do they deny legitimate due process, they are illegal seizures without warrant.

Several cases seem poised to head before the Supreme Court and I think liberty will win out, but these are terrible things that have hurt many in our land.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think at this time the supreme court along with the executive and legislative branches of government has lost all legitimacy.

We are now a nation ruled by a small group of powerful men and their agendas.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The new attorney General built her rep by seizing assets.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    poncho do you have the statistics?

How much was confiscated related to drug seizures?

HankD