1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When the wife doesn't "hear" the call...

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by JoyC, Mar 26, 2008.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heard of a man that had a wife which was a total scoffer as to Christianity. He preached many a sermon with her sitting in the front row verbally scoffing :tear:

This is not aimed at anyone here, but it does show up the extreme importance of picking the spouse the Lord wants.

As to the accounts here, I've heard of other situations of broken/turned off pastors/spouses and only prayer can change things. Hopefully changes will happen since it is only the person that will be hurt, the church will continue along quite happily in their successful whatever they call what they do to people.

Some churches can be near evil in their ways for sure and people do react to evil when it is aimed their way.

I remember one evening when things were going wrong and watching my wife cry quietly in the front row. I have a different reaction usually. I just see the utter ridiculousness of what people do in the name of spirituality and how serious they can be in their utter unscripturalness. I have often had a hard time containing my laughter :laugh: Not that I will always handle things that way.

To the OP, I to was very reluctant to say yes to God's call due to my big problem of stuttering around strangers. I figured if God called ME, He could probably take care of the details - said yes and all is very old history.

MajorB: The wife and I found a little poster years ago of a picture of a young couple bowed down with the earth on their back. The caption was "It's you and me against the world."

Will be praying that you and the wife survive the hard times. God promised He wouldn't test us more than we are able to stand, but we've found he can get mighty close - in our minds of course :thumbs:

This might be His way of redirecting you to something He has planned for you. Praying!