1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When Things Go Well That's Not News

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Dragoon68, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I get my news from a variety of sources. I tend not to believe most of what I get from the main stream media such as CBSNews and Dan RatherNot. On the other hand, I usually find those from Armed Forces Press Service to be believable. Here's one from today that I liked.

Patrick

2. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

"If you live in a house infested by rats, you may think it's OK to tolerate them for a while. They're just a "nuisance," as John Kerry might say. You might, if you're Bill Clinton, tolerate a series of "minor" rat attacks. But when one of your children dies from a bite, you do everything you can to kill the rats and plug up all the rat holes to protect your family. You don't care which specific rat was responsible for the death. You simply do everything necessary to make sure nothing like that ever happens again. In the post-9/11 world George Bush faced a world with a lot of rat holes. The most obvious, urgent and "doable" rat hole was in Baghdad." - Jonah Goldberg

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jonahgoldberg/jg20041029.shtml

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very well put!!

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Excellent quote!

Patrick

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Neo-Con damage control.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Nope, just first hand truths from people in a position to know as opposed to "stories" by the likes of Dan RatherNot!

Patrick

7. Dale

Dale New Member

Gina has pointed up the problem that Christianity has had for many years in the US. Since we don't believe in a sovereign God anymore, (most so called Christians that is) we take the outcome as our responsibility. We are like Saul and we think we are so great for sacrificing when in fact all it is that God commands is obedience. If Paroutka is a true Christian and is solid, Biblically then he deserves our vote.
    General Thomas Jackson one said that "duty is ours, consequences are God's"
    We seem to get that backwards. We have a current president that invites every god (note the small "g") around to the Washington for a prayer service and we still have the audacity to call him a "Christian".
    Dick Cheney has a lesbian daughter that has actively promoted the Bush campaign to get the "gay" vote and we call him (anti-homosexual or pro family"
    In the third debate, he was asked straight up if he believed that abortion was Wrong and he refused to answer.

He was asked if he believed that sodomy was wrong and he said "I don't know, but we must accept and tolerate everyone in the US"

He said that Christians and Muslims are equally AMerican.

George Bush is NOT a Christian, he is NOT on God's side and the Christians of America will one day answer to God for their willful ignorance and voting an idolatrous, pluralistic president into office.
    It is Christians who have elected him and they may just do it again.
    May God have mercy on all of us for lack of faith in voting for the front runner "that has a chanceto win" Rather than to vote for truth.

Remember: it is better to obey than to sacrifice. God will not judge us for the outcome of this election. He will judge us for our own actions. If we stand for truth, and truth loses in this election (which it will, since neither Bush or Kerry stand for it)
    THen God will bless us for standing for truth. If we vote for the "lesser of two evils" then God will judge us for voting for evil.

God is in control. We do not need to compromise so that He can have his will. We must vote for the right and let God handle the rest.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Yes, the one true God is in complete control of all that He created! He always has been and always will be. Yet He continues to permit us to make choices - right and wrong - and to live by the consequences of them so long as it suits His will and time remains. We must continue to vote for what is best for our nation and pray that we are following God's will in that matter.

I certainly would not say that Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. all worship the same god because the one true God is God the Father, God the Son Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit all equal distinct persons of one trinity. Since all others besides Christians do not hold true to this belief then the gods can not be the same. However, it can be said, for example, that the God written about in the Old Testament is the same god that Christians and Jews call god. It is in this context that one might say we worship the same god. Such thoughts nor their expression does not make a person a non Christian. A Christian is a sinner that was chosen by Jesus Christ for His purposes and, depending upon whether or not regenerated, may not yet even acknowledge Him as Lord and Savior. A Christian by actions is likely to proclaim their faith boldly for His sake but respectfully and humbly recognizing they are no more worthy than the next. It is very possible that a Christian would attempt to seek common ground to the extent required and possible for harmony in this life without compromise of the will of God in their own lives.

Some have concluded that only those of a third party are Christian and thereby our only choice. The same will likely say, or imply, that any of us who vote for any other candidate are themselves not Christians. I disagree on both counts! The third party candidate may be a Christian but what is known of him that would make us vote for him as President? I know many fine Christians but I'd not vote for them as President on that exclusive - not discounting inclusive - basis alone because they posses not the experience or ability. All I've heard from supporters of the third party has been how evil and non Christian President Bush is and how righteous we must be to vote for the third party candidate. It is not a convincing argument because there's no substance offered - not that there may not be some there - to support it. We are simply given gross examples that alleged "prove" President Bush is not a Christian. This is same tactic used by many politicians - vote for me because the other guy is bad! Would not a true Christian candidate and his supporters rise above that?

Yes, Christians, Muslims, and persons of any religion who are citizens are indeed equally American in the eyes of law. Pray that it stays that way else we may find ourselves severely persecuted! The chief executive officer of our nation can not exclude persons of other religions in the business of governing our nation. By including them in prayer meetings the President does not endorse their gods. He is simply giving them room as fellow Americans and respecting them as such. One can be respectful of the liberty of others without joining in their worship at a personal level. One can simply take that time to pray that the one true God be somehow revealed to them and continue, by example and deed, to demonstrate how a Christian lives and why what we have is a better Way. People observe acts more than they hear words. Opporutnities will be made to serve as an agent for the Holy Spirit if that be His will.

Pray also that the Christian basis of our civil law be restored and retained. In this I fully agree! I'm firmly convinced God blessed this great nation in its beginnings and we need to return to His ways if we want to keep what we've enjoyed on this earth for our descendants. I am deeply concerned about our future life on this earth. I fear the wrath of God upon my family and future descendants for our sinful ways and degeneration of moral values we've previously upheld. Pray that those who serve in government be Christians, in word and deed, and be led by God in all their duties. Pray not only for the President - who is but one voice - but also for every Representative and Senator, every Justice, and every other official to be chosen for office tomorrow in federal, state, and local elections. This we can do without apology or offense to those who are of other faiths. They will see by our actions that our's is indeed the better Way.

It these things are not true then our whole basis of having a republican democracy is seriously flawed and we should convert to theocracy post haste. Who will we choice to lead that government but Jesus Christ? When He comes again we shall have that. Until He comes again we'd best keep some safe distance between civil government and the Church. We'd best learn to be tolerant - again not meaning joining into but simply respecting choice of others - in government of those who do not share our faith whether it be Christianity itself or a specific understanding of Christianity. If not we will never have peace among us and much persecution and hardship will follow for all.

Patrick