1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When to change churches?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Web, this raises a warning flag to me. Does it to anybody else?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh yea! :thumbs:

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

Ecumenism?

Are your pastor's sermons scripturally accurate? If so, I would stay until it is clear that he is leading the congregation astray. I would, however, be concerned about your pastor's view on ecumenism because these programs are.

We have used Blackaby's Study in our church (my husband likes him), but I do have reservations only because I steer clear of anything that involves too much emphasis on emotion. I'm not saying this is bad, but coming out of a Pentecostal experience many years ago, I have to confess that I tend to be cautious sometimes - OVERLY cautious sometimes.

I wouldn't leave your church just yet. Pray about it. God will let you know when. We all dislike change when it comes to something so important to us, but sometimes it's for the good.

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Web dog;
    Change is difficult. We get comfortable and then someone comes along and one small thing changes everything. Myself I don't like change either but the wisest advice you have received so far is to ask God and let Him decide what you should do. Let Guide you.
    I know you well enough to know you most likely have already prayed about it but sometimes we have to wait on God for the answer.
    MB

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's tough, because we are plugged into our church serving wise. My wife leads a nursery team, I lead a counting team, I help in pre-school and I'm involved in Upwards basketball and football. We are a church that loves people, and the "outward" ministry is excellent...I"m just becoming concerned about the "inward" discipleship once they are part of the body. We are leaning more toward the ecumenical, emotional side, and it's something that is not sitting right within me.

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the church I left not to long ago, ecumenicalism is why I left. It seemed to me most had become tolerant of Catholicism, all of a sudden. It's sad but many churches are falling into this unity thing. You may already know but it is real difficult to find a good church these days. When I found the church I go to now was after a long search and I had just about given up. Then I ran in to and old friend from about 30 years ago. He invited me to come to his church and it seems to fit like a glove. Not to mention I found a bunch of old friends at this church that I haven't seen in a long time.
    It might be a good idea to look up friends you have made in church you haven't seen in a while. Could be they got the same feelings you did.
    MB

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What I look for is how their ministry lines up with what Jesus did and taught. What He did was in agreement with what he said. Some will say we are in a post modern time. I have never seen the hearts of men and women change in terms of needs. Discipleship has always worked in every generation among every people. So what makes the times today different than any other time?