1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When was Jesus born

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ed Edwards, Sep 11, 2005.

?
  1. BC5 or earlier

60.0%
  2. BC2 to BC4

20.0%
  3. BC1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AD1 or later

20.0%
  5. I can't tell or it doesn't matter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He/she cannot pay for sin--that is the point--without Jesus as propitiation, we have no payment. Going to hell is not payment for sin--it is the wages of sin. Jesus paid it all.

Selah,

Bro. James

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wages IS payment...I don't work for a hobby.

Yes, going to hell IS the wages of sin, and the PAYMENT for sin. God says EVERY sin MUST be paid for. Now, while JESUS made the payment for ALL sin, we as individuals must COME TO HIM, and ask Him to forgive our sins which He's paid for. He won't forgive YOUR sins at MY request, nor vice versa. Therefore if WE don't accept JESUS' having already paid for our sins by BELIEVING IN HIM, repenting, and calling upon Him for forgiveness, then WE are gonna pay for our sins ourselves by going to hell.

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE RANCH...

I don't believe there's any credible dispute that Jesus was born more than 2005 years ago, and the "1948 years between Jesus and modern Israel" thingie is wrong.

3. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The wages of sin is death; the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ..."

Selah,

Bro. James