1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When you pray - pray believing

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Salty, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once on a car trip from Dallas to Chicago, John R. Rice prayed, "Lord, help me to find someone I can win." He then missed a turn in Oklahoma and drove fifty miles out of the way. At a gas station where he stopped to ask directions, he led the attendant to Christ. Still upset about the unplanned detour, his daughters giggled at him, reminding him of his earlier prayer.[34]

John R. Rice (pastor) - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crimson12

Crimson12 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really wish I knew how to do this, if and when I pray I think will now God will say no.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find myself praying, "Yes, I believe". But my natural cynicism (I call it 'realism') steps in. I have to add "Help my unbelief".

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three steps forward ... two smacks back ... makes for slow going (but still a net forward progress). ;)

• Agree Agree x 1