1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured When Your Church Becomes a Place of Statist Worship

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Nov 30, 2014.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Ya'll it's called "revisionist" history. It is taught in godless classrooms all over the nation and it is sad when a "Christian" falls for it. Crabby has it backwards. Revisionist history is what cheapens the faith. It is a sad day when a "Christian" calls wrong right and right wrong. :tear:

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Oh no, swishing hips and the American flag. The church is going to hell in a hand basket. :BangHead:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The American Flag has been displayed in every church I can remember being in since I was a kid. So has the Christian flag. If they weren't, I didn't notice.

Neither one bothers me in the least.

Recognizing veterans on veterans day doesn't bother me at all. Neither would it bother me if it wasn't done.

Personally, remembering our fallen on memorial day enhances the worship experience.

Yet I've never heard a preacher preach what I would call a "patriotic" service. Nor have I ever had one discuss politics from the pulpit in any way.

Is this really a big problem out there? If it is ,all I can say is choose your place of worship carefully.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, that's pretty much been my experience in the churches I've attended as well.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey gigabyte71,

You say that "most" of the framers and founders were not Christian. Can you be more specific? I always thought most were Christians although some were deists. Do you have the numbers (or can you at least show over half were not Christian)?

Thanks.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Evidently you don't like being asked to provide proof of the alleged "Russian aggression" and "invasion of Ukraine" either.