1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When your footing grows tough!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 15, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "If a Christian is not having tribulation in the world, there's something wrong!" [by Leonard Ravenhill]

Wow...what a powerful yet prophetic and timely thought! Child of God, hear me, you have not been called into a life of ease. The walk is going to be troublesome and difficult, and if it isn't you may be on the wrong path!

The "Name it claim it" folks would have you believe life is one rose garden after another. This is not true, and if you've been without trials, lately, you need to check and see if you're still on the right path?

Check out this version of Matthew 7:13-14 from the New Living Translation: “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell[a] is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it."

As you travel along the path, remember that He is always there with and for you, for He is the only true source of strength you can draw from when times are tough, and times will be tough! You can count on it! :type:

Shalom! :flower:

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I totally agree. Several points. One is that we grow, mature, and learn during times of tribulation or testing. We as humans always try to avoid such situations, which is normal. I am not one to hit myself with a hammer because it feels so good when I stop.

However, there are some people who have the conception of a trouble free life, no pain, no problems, no sorrow, from birth until death. God has a plan for our lives, and uses situations like this to make us into the image of His Son. Quite simply, name it and claim it people have their minds on themselves, not Jesus. You have no right to claim anything. It all belongs to the Lord.

Another thing we do is talk to the Lord only in times of trouble. We pray, plead, and ask for the situation to pass. Then, when it does, we forget the Lord.

One final point, of all the trials, tribulations, problems, dark times in our lives, I saw a figure that around 85% of them are caused by our own stupid decisions. Living for the Lord and common sense would make our lives a lot simpler.

God takes care of and guides His children. People who never have a care in the world or any problems, do they belong to the Lord?

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Well said!

Satan isn't going to bother those already in his grasp. Nor the "lukewarm" Christians. However, he's going to put as many stumbling blocks, as possible, on the narrow path of those walking with our Lord. As possible, because he can't tempt us beyond what we can bear.

I can testify to the stumbling blocks that I've encountered over the past year. While I won't go into details on line, there have been times when I felt like I was hanging on by my fingernails. Yes, I did remember that He is always there. He is the only true source of strength when times are tough. I did count on it!

We never walk alone.
    :godisgood: