1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where are they today?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by standingfirminChrist, Jan 1, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

Who is your favorite retired sports legend and if he or she is still alive, what are they doing today? Do some research....

2. In His Grace

In His Grace New Member

Tom Landry,

coach, Dallas Cowboys, at the side of Jesus in heaven.

He walked the walk and talked the talk.

He was a great testimony for the Lord.

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Eagles:

Ron Jaworski is now an analyst for ESPN and owns most of South Jersey.

Wilbert Montgomery is now a coach with the St. Louis Rams.

Tony Franklin is now coaching football in North Carolina.

Vince Papale now owns a construction company in SE Pennsylvania and is the subject of the upcoming Disney film, "Invincible".

Bill Bergey is now an Eagles' radio analyst and has seveal business ventures, including partnerships in the late, much lamented Degenhardt's and Stanley's Tavern. He also coaches high school football and is a popular product spokesman in the Philadelphia area.

Stan Walters is now an advertising executive in London, England.

Flyers:

Brian Propp is selling real estate in South Jersey, as well as a star forward with the Philadelphia Flyers' Alumni team.

Dave "The Hammer" Schultz owns a landscaping company, coaches hockey and plays for the Philadelphia Flyers' Alumni team, where, naturally, he leads the league in penalty minutes. On the ice, he's still as ornery as ever. He is currently one of the Flyers' goodwill ambassadors.

Bob "The Hound" Kelley now owns a family recreation center and is heavily involved in youth ice and roller hockey, as well as childrens' charities. He also plays for the Flyers Alumni team and is one of the Flyers' goodwill ambassadors.

Joe Watson is now the Director of Season Ticket and Special Group Sales for the Philadelphia Flyers and plays for the Flyers' alumni team.

Steve Coates now owns a fabricating company in South Jersey and is the analyst for Flyers' TV broadcasts, as well as host of the popular "Coatsey's Corner". When his TV scedule permits, he plays for the Flyers' Alumni team.

Keith Jones is now a farmer in Medford, NJ, and is the Flyers' post game analyst.

Phillies:

Tug McGraw, sadly, passed away in 2004.

Mike Schmidt is a special instructor with the Phillies Instructional League team in Florida.

Greg Luzinski now owns two bar-b-que restaurants, including one at Citizens' Bank Park, where he makes regular public appearances.

Larry Anderson is now the Phillies' color analyst and is a special instructor with the Phillies Instructional League team in Florida.

Gary Maddox is now a restarantuer in Philadelphia.

Misc:

Bo Jackson is now retired and makes personal appearances.

Bobby Alison is now retired and makes occasional personal appearaces.

I would be curious to know whatever happened to Joey Jones. I used to watch him play with the B'Ham Stallions and was always surprised that he never made it in the NFL.

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Sammy Baugh,Washington Redskin Qb, DHB and punter. I still think he is the best qb and punter and one of the better defensive backs in the history of the NFL. He led the NFL in passing, punting and interceptions as a defensive back. His punting record is still number one in the NFL.
    He is about 91 living on his ranch in Texas the last I heard.

In baseball it would be Ted Williams. He is gone, where is head is at this point time I don't know. Jack Hyles clamed he led him to the Lord on a tape of his I had back in the70's, but I don't know.

5. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

Joe Frazier .I heard he;s in bad health !

6. standingfirminChrist

Trying to find an old redskin from early 80's...

Brad Dusek #59 linebacker.

Any clues?

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe Dusek is a successful real-estate developer, now working to revitalize Waco, TX. (Town about which Friday Night Lights was written.

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I could find out about Smokin Joe now is that he was busted in 2004 for hitting a woman. Evidently it was a minor offense, as it's not hit the tabloids.

9. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Go to www.google.com and type in his name.
    Faithgirl

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Friday night lights was written about odessa, TX

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanx for the correction, Jimmy C. You are right; I wuz wrong. Indeed, it is set in Odessa. I saw the movie twice, and still blew it!