1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where Did The Spiritual Fire Go?

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by tyndale1946, Feb 3, 2003.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This post is not meant to compare each brothers on here doctrine... That is not what I posted it for and it is not meant for argumentation but for understanding. Many religious bodies and not just Baptist over the centuries have held to the doctrine of Sovereign Grace. We can search the lineage of Sovereign Grace preachers down throughout the ages and find many Sovereign Grace preachers not Baptist. So what happened and how did it happen?

Although we all don't agree with all the points that some of these brethren put forth to say they were not Sovereign Grace preachers is to miss the point... What set these brethren apart... Spurgeon... Gill... just to name a few and the list goes on and on... Tell me if I am out of line but do you understand... At one time we had giants of doctrine whose works though they being dead still live on but something is lacking in this day and time... IMHO!... Where did Spiritual Fire go?... Brother Glen [​IMG]

[ February 03, 2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: tyndale1946 ]

2. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

Bro. Glen

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you going for something like

John Knox, Presbyterian, Died.
    or
    something else.

??

Jeff

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe that is the wrong terminology Brother Jeff... maybe a better terminology would be spiritual fire instead of Sovereign Grace!... I'm reminded of the Great Awaking and Reformation and those preachers that stood above the rest in my opinion... Or was that for a certain time and under different circumstance!... I will change the title to Spiritual Fire... Where did it go?... Brother Glen [​IMG]

4. JonHenry

JonHenry New Member

I don't think that's an odd question at all. I've heard plenty of pastors ruminating on that.