1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do Babies Go When they Die - Continued

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You asked a question...I answered it. The rest was the same talking points I've read before...what did you want me to say in regards to that, you're wrong? :) The bolded (the purpose of election in that passage) was God choosing a nation from which the Messiah would come. Has nothing to do with infants going to Heaven or Hell, being "elect", God loving the elect, hating the reprobate, etc.

#61 webdog, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010
  2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

#63 webdog, Oct 29, 2010
  4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I am not trying to be a smart alek here, honestly. I like you, webdog, though you are a little too snippy at times in my opinion. I am sure you think the same of me.

But to say that you consider Calvinists to be your brothers and sisters in Christ is a bit of an understatement it seems to me.

I am glad that you allow Spurgeon, Matthew Henry, Whitfield, Edwards, Luther, Calvin, Augustine, and, I think it is clear, the Apostle Paul into the family- that is awful gracious of you.:love2:

Just a funny observation. I do think you are in the family as well. Just as Wesley and Asbury and Finny and Moody were.

I think you are right- rejecting Christ does send one to hell. But it is all that the natural man can do.

I would like you to consider a scenario. One that occurred to me a few years ago that was instrumental in bringing me to Calvinism. Would you do it?

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I like you too...and I'm under the OT law "a snip for a snip" :)
    How so? I've had a calvinist administrator and moderator on this site question my salvation through PM becuase I was not a calvinist.
    Compared to the love I have received from your camp...I agree :)
    Now you're being gracious...
    If it is all a man can do, he cannot be held accountable for the alternative. The very meaning of rejection does not allow for your understanding of it.
    Fire away...but back in 04 I leaned towards the dark side, so I'm familiar with most of the scenarios as I once supported them.

6. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Regenerated

Without the words of Jesus you are unregenerated and dead. You will remain that way without it. Without the words of Jesus you have no Spirit or Life.

It is His word that teaches us what is expected from us that changes us. If you reject His word you reject Spirit and Life.

This is why we are taught before Christ comes what is expected from us.

Proverbs 3:
    5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make your paths straight. [Or will direct your paths]
    7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the LORD and shun evil.

To not to trust in our own understand but to trust in Him.

As you see the natural branches was cut our for unbelief, not for not being chosen. It also teaches us do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either. By Paul Himself.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Man is cut off for unbelief. The natural man will always refuse to believe until he is made alive in Christ. Then, in a regenerate state, he can believe.

9. psalms109:31

Natural branches

The natural branches is Israel, and we gentiles are the olive branch.

I do praise God that He has opened the way for natural branches to be grafted back in.

Romans 11:23And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

Let us take time to break open the bread of life and be taught by God

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The law was intended to point man to Christ. Faith in Christ is not the prelude to something else as the OT law was, it's the culmination of obedience. If one didn't keep the OT law, they needed an animal sacrifice to atone (appease God's wrath) for that sin, for without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.
    John - Faith in Christ
    Jack - Faith in self

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

But nonetheless, the natural man is told to do what he cannot do.

Now.

Why does John believe in Christ and Jack in himself?

Why does John Accept Christ and Jack reject him?

This is related to why babies go to heaven. Ultimately this discussion will show that John went to heaven for the same reason that babies go to heaven.

#71 Luke2427, Oct 29, 2010
  12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He couldn't keep the law as a whole due to his nature...but he could keep each command at any given time. According to you, it would be an impossibility to do even that.

I can tell you why I did, and you can tell me why you did, but neither of us can crawl into the head of another. Now, from Scripture I can say John did not exchange the truth for a lie and Jack did. The reasons one did and one did not can only be gained from first hand knowledge of each. Now I know the common answers to this where TULIP will tell me why each believed what they did (even though it is impossible to know the mind of another), but it is purely based on faulty presuppositions.

#72 webdog, Oct 29, 2010
  13. psalms109:31

God

Why one rejects Him or one accepts is because of God. He draws the meek and humble that trust in the Lord and has hidden the truth from the wise and learned who think they know more than God. That his wisdom is greater than His. Who think God's way to salvation is foolishness.

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

But Webdog, the Bible does not teach that man can keep the law of God ever. His carnal mind is at enmity with God and CANNOT be subject unto the law of God according to Romans eight.

Why did John not exchange the truth for a lie and why did Jack do so?

Is John wiser or less depraved?

If so, why is John wiser?

How did John get wiser?

If it is his circumstances, his opportunities, then why did John have those opportunities and Jack not?

If it is not the opportunities then what is it?

#74 Luke2427, Oct 29, 2010
  15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

#75 Luke2427, Oct 29, 2010
  16. psalms109:31

Learn

John 6:43"Stop grumbling among yourselves," Jesus answered. 44"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.'[Or Spirit ] Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.

John 14:24
    He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

John 6:63
    The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and they are life.

2 Corinthians 5:

16So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

We are the minister of Spirit and life to the dead. No one is regenerated until they get the words of Jesus, because it is His word that is Spirit and life.

Please read these scripture, my job is not the reason why, but to spread.

Ezekiel 3:
    18 When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for [Or in ; also in verses 19 and 20
    ] his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
    20 "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 21 But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself."

James 5:
    17Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops. 19My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

I am using this scripture not against you, but to show you God does hold us accountible even in the new testiment

James 3:1
    Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

17. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

These Scriptures do not prove what you are trying to purport, though.

I cannot see how they have anything to do with this idea that unregenerate man can be humble before God in his natural state from whence they CANNOT be subject unto the law of God.

You did not answer the questions. Will you?

#77 Luke2427, Oct 29, 2010
  18. psalms109:31

Teaching

Most people do not come because they are not being taught by the words of the Father which is the the words of Jesus, but by the words of men. The words of Jesus is Spirit and life, but the teaches that are being sent out have the key, but not handing them out. The main reason they themselves have not entered

Luke 11:52
    "Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering."

One day we will become one and there will be amout comming to Jesus like the sands of the seashore.

19. psalms109:31

Blame

In other words I blame man not God, because He wants them to come, but they are not willing not Him. Read those scriptures again.

Luke 13:34
    "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

20. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    175 Post on two threads.

To answer the OP. They don't go anywhere.

Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead. And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see. (Laid who? Lazarus.) (He did not ask where is his body.) And he (Lazarus) that was dead came forth.

God formed man from the dust of the ground. Took the dust of the ground and made corruptible flesh of it. God breathed into the nose of what was made from the ground the breath of life (chay) and the two together became a living soul.
    (chay nephesh) When the life from God is taken away you have a dead soul left.
    That is what is resurrected. Given life again by God. That is what these verses say. He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

If this isn't what they say relative to everything else I wrote please tell me what they do say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.