1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do babies go when they die?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jbh28, Oct 26, 2010.

?
  1. Heaven, I'm a Calvinist

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Hell, I'm a Calvinist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Heaven, I'm not a Calvinist

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  4. Hell, I'm not a Calvinist

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. I'm not sure, I'm a Calvinist

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. I'm not sure, I'm not a Calvinist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Guarentee

I cannot guarentee anyone salvation not even infant except those who trust in Jesus the only guarentee found in scripture. I can't give anyone a false hope.

#81 psalms109:31, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I said Dead in sin....a subtle difference. Yes Im there but sin continues to draw me to it & I cannot help myself but sin...I am captive to it.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Genesis 18:25 it says " shall not the Judge of all the Earth do right?

could one not conclude then that all children who die in infancy are counted among the elect? I chalk that up to the Just Nature of God

4. psalms109:31

Bump

Quote:
    Originally Posted by psalms109:31
    What if God could look down the path of that infant even though he or she did die an infant as if he or she didn't?

Bump

5. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

How can one not know they are saved?

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Here's an excerpt from an article written jointly by Dr. Albert Mohler, President of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, and Dr. Daniel Akin, President of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Dr. Mohler is a Calvinist, Dr. Akin is not.

The full article is at http://www.covenantnews.com/mohler050117.htm

7. psalms109:31

God

So God can't hate one infant and love another before they did any right or wrong?

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Kind of reminds me of a verse......

9. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Revelation 20

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lack of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

It seems pretty clear that those that are cast into eternal punishment are those who were not found written in the book of life, but were rather judged from the other books according to their works. While all are sinners by nature and are thus under condemnation and deserve hell, it seems quite clear that those that end up there are going to be sent there based on their works. In other words, they've proved through action that they are lost, hellbound sinners. God will have an overabundance of evidence that the wicked deserve hell. This is why I believe those that die in infancy, before they can practice sin themselves, are elect children of God and end up heaven.

Now the problem is the age of accountability nonsense. Noone gets to heaven because of a lack of accountability. Every single person that gets to heaven gets there one way - by the death of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the way, period. I believe the infant that is aborted gets to heaven, but that infant gets there because Jesus died for him/her.

For proof of all of this, consider what Jesus told the goats in Matthew 25. He told them about their wicked works, did he not?

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bait. Let's go fishing.:smilewinkgrin: You must be speaking of J and E?

Being babies are born of the flesh would they not need to be born again in order to go to heaven when they die?

Also is dying and going to heaven the same as being born into the kingdom of God?

Maybe the better question does the word of God teach dying and going to heaven or being born into the kingdom of God? Where in a red letter bible can you find Jesus talking about dying and going to heaven? I believe the root of his teaching was the kingdom of God/heaven in Matthew.

11. RAdam

RAdam New Member

To the poster who said you can't be justified until you place faith in Christ, here's what Paul said:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us."

The ground of justification is the death of Christ, not your excercise of faith. Paul didn't say, "we have placed faith in Christ." Instead he said, "it is Christ that died..." And who did He die for? Us, the us God is for and noone can be against, the us noone can condemn, the us who Christ makes intercession for, God's elect, the us whom He foreknew, predestinated, called, justified, and glorified.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You must have missed where Paul said in Romans 5...
    Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

and this one...

and "for we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law,"

#92 webdog, Oct 28, 2010
  13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How is it possible for a baby to trust in Christ?

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

EVERYONE is regenerated before they trust Christ- not just babies. YOU were regenerated before you trusted Christ. A dead man cannot trust Christ. In the natural state there is none that seeketh after God, none that understandeth. You must be made alive to believe.

The verse that you quote above is not a doctrinal statement on the chronology of the events of salvation. It simply means that faith is the proof of spiritual life.

If one is ever made alive he will believe. Believing indicates that he has life.

#94 Luke2427, Oct 28, 2010
  15. psalms109:31

God

I am throwing something out there that I thought about. Since God know everything I will do before I do it
    Can not God see what I will do if I died as an infant as if I never died? God knows I will have faith in His Son or not can He also see it from an infant that dies as if he didn't?

#95 psalms109:31, Oct 28, 2010
  16. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

God in his omnicient power can do anything. But if the baby died, there was no future. From the beginning the baby was going to die. So for God to think "okay, let's pretend that baby lived and...." wouldn't make much sense because that's not what happened. What is...is.

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm noticing (1) that we are at 10-pages and will start a new "continuation" thread so these important truths might be discussed; and (2) that if one demands man act "xyz" in order to be saved and obviously a baby, mentally handicapped, etc, cannot act "xyz", then the conclusion must be that they are all damned OR that God saves them by grace and not them doing "xyz".

A great dilema for the non-sovereignty bunch that tout man's works so much, eh?

18. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

beat you to it!!!:D

19. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Very good point.

How do these babies go to heaven without the ability to believe?

If they are born without sin what really is the point of the virgin birth of Christ?

David said, "In sin did my mother conceive me..."

How do sinful babies go to heaven who cannot trust Christ for salvation?

God must do it all himself. What a novel idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.