1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do you sit?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Gib, Jan 16, 2005.

?
  1. Front

56.3%
  2. Back

25.0%
  3. Middle

2.1%
  4. Choir

16.7%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Where do you find yourself sitting at church?

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Great poll Gib! [​IMG]
    Wow...I acually didn't realize that I had a prefrence as to where I sit in church. Wonder how the preacher feels? He always sits on the front pew too. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Kayla

Kayla New Member

All us teen girls always sit together and my friend Brad always sits somewhere around...quite scary if you ask me!

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We sit on the egge of the 5th pew on the right side but there's 4 rows of pews across the sanctuary so we're actually on the middle aisle. The youth take up rows 2 and 3. The front row is where our different ministers and their wives sit or our salvation counselors. The little old ladies sit behind us. In front of us is the senior pastor's secretary, her deacon husband and their two grown kids and spouses, college kids, etc.

In every church I've ever been in, up front has always been my choice. I've never had a desire to sit in the balcony.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I used to do all of the above.

Now I sit at the back so I can get up and walk around.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like the balcony because of the acoustics.

7. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Our church doesn't have a balcony to sit in, that's where they control the mics and all. Most other baptists I've been around like the back best or if they really have to, sit in the middle! [​IMG] LOL That is so weird to me, and pretty funny!

8. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I was acually wondering why is it when I go to the Baptist church (I still hold a membership in) I would sit in the back. That is funny acually! [​IMG] But now I've been going to a Full Gospel church and sit up front in the third row. Don't be typing my position in on your GPS devices either. :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I had to say other because I work in the sound booth in the very back of the auditorium.

10. patrioticcamerican

I sit in the middle, but toward the back of the middle. It's too crowded in the front and everyone always tries to get places to sit up there so we just moved further back.

11. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Imagine if the church building was so packed that you could not get in at all and had to climb up on the roof and make a hole so you could let down a disabled friend for prayer?

Wait come to think of it that may well have happened before! [​IMG]

12. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Our church has three rows of pews across the sanctuary and a balcony (for overflow).

We sit in the 5th row from the front on the left side. Most of the people around us sit the same place too.

At our old church, I sat in the back row, left side (by the door). When we moved to our new church, I sat in the front row, left side (by the door). Now I am quite comfortable sitting anyplace, but prefer my 'regular' spot. Have no clue why I prefer the left side. We have several doors leading from the sanctuary...

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

Sixth from the front on the left. Almost always the same spot. the reason being the pew in front of it is one of the two short ones(for wheel chairs to be parked out of the aisle) and it has easier acccess then the rest of the pews. But since I've lost weight I can easily enter any of the pews I want.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

When you say left side, Sue and Donna, are you looking from the back of the church or from the choir loft? I'm saying right side but that's from entering the back of the sanctuary. [​IMG]

15. Gib

Gib Active Member

Looking down from the choir loft, I sit on the right side, 2nd row closest to the exterior wall. No one sits on the front pews, except the pianist, Taylor and myself. They tend to sit in the middle and in the back.

On Sunday and Wednesday nights, they only sit on the right side (looking down from the choir) in their usual place. They do it so faithfully, I know when they are not there. [​IMG]

16. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I am looking from the back of the sanctuary which is actually the front of the church building...

17. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm the choir director, so I sit on the end of the first pew on the choir loft side. Makes sense, yes?

18. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I have always sat on the left side at every church I have attended. I also always go in the same bathroom stall, assuming they have more than one. Now that I think about it, I always sit on the same side of the couch and sleep on the same side of the bed (doesn't matter where I am). I just discovered I'm rather strange.

19. music4Him

music4Him New Member

[​IMG] I'm not laughing at chipsgirl....I'm laughing with you cause come to think about I do the same thing........ :eek: You don't suppose its a habit thing or just that the left part of our brain make those choices? Nope we are not strange... I'd like to think all of us left pew sitters are special! [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

20. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I'm thinking about all the things I do as a lefty and I'm not even left handed. I once heard a myth about anything to do with the left side was sinister. :eek: :rolleyes: [​IMG]