1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do you stand on the issues?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by raunhawk, Jul 9, 2005.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That was not your complete statement.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Democrats in the Senate held up Bush's energy plan for 4 years. They still prefer frozen landscape over people and are against drilling in ANWAR.

Also it was the loonie environmentalists who stopped the construction of nuclear reactors in this country.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Social Security- The Constitution grants no authority to the federal government to administrate a Social Security system. I support phasing out the entire Social Security program, while continuing to meet the obligations already incurred under the system.

Abortion- The pre-born child, whose life begins at fertilization, is a human being created in God's image. The first duty of the law is to prevent the shedding of innocent blood. It is, therefore, the duty of all civil governments to secure and to safeguard the lives of the pre-born. As to matters of rape and incest, it is unconscionable to take the life of an innocent child for the crimes of his father.

Seperation of church and state - Article I of the Bill of Rights reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

Our Constitution grants no authority to the federal government either to grant or deny the religious expressions of the people in any place. Both the First and Tenth Amendments forbid such tyranny.

Illegal Immigration- I oppose any extension of amnesty to illegal aliens. I support the use of U.S. troops to protect the states against invasion.

Death penalty- I also support the use of the death penalty for murder, rape, and child molestation.

Iraq- I am opposed to invading any nation in an attempt to "spread democracy", escpecially in trying to set up an Islamic state and hoping that Islam and freedom can co-exist.

Education- The federal government has absolutely no jurisdiction concerning the education of our children, the United States Department of Education should be abolished; all federal legislation related to education should be repealed. I believe the best form of education is home education.

World hunger- I think we need to encourage private charities, churches and individuals to help and educate those in other countries in ways to help end poverty and world hunger, the government needs to stop taxing everyone so much so they have the extra money available to help as needed

Health care- The federal government has no business in health care!

Same sex marriage- No marriage. No civil unions. I am opposed to a federal marriage amendment, but support the amemdment at the state level.

Farm subsidies- I don't think the federal government has a right to use tax dollars to support any business, including farms.

Animal rights- I love animals, when they are prepared right! [​IMG]

Gun contol- I am 100% pro 2nd Amendment!

Eminent Domain- When someone owns private property the government should never be allowed to take that away from them. I believe private property is one of the key foundations of a free society.

Cuba- I believe that any relationship we have with any foreign nation should always take human rights in that country in to consideration, I am against giving favored nation status to nations like Cuba, China, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc.