1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where Do You Workout?

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Benjamin, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish I had had the foresight to build this room bigger but I got about everything I really need here and love my remodeled home gym.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nice! I do most of my exercise either on the back of a horse or in the barn. It's an EXCELLENT workout and I can easily keep my heartrate in the target range for a good 30 minutes a few times a week just from riding. Additionally, I try to run a few times a week as well. :)

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Outside when the weather is nice. Otherwise, I have some weights in the basement along with a Nordic Trac ski trainer, two exercise bikes and a heavy bag.

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Goodness me!!!

I trundle around the suburb when my feet are not hurting, I garden until my back screams enough, the same with ironing:type:

Benjamin......do you really live in a place called "Surprise" ? America sure has some weird place names not like New Zealand with simple names like Wanganui, Whykickamucow, or dear old Oz with Bli Bli,Coonabarrabran, or even Woolloowin.....

#4 Melanie, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
  5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I do, and Surprise was the fastest growing city in Arizona a few years ago. Although, I’m not sure how it rates since the decline in new home building. I bought 5 acres when the area was just county land after hearing they were building a road out this way and put a mobile home until I built our house. It was 22 miles to the nearest store for us. The city of Surprise has since annexed my area and they were not happy that I am here because I didn’t fit into their “master plan” and wanted to stop me from building. But I had a “surprise” for them…I had grandfathered my land and well in as a farm and there is nothing they could do about it. It is now 5 miles to major shopping and although things are pretty much at a stand still right now a lot of the land all around me has been excavated in preparation for new building. Another city, “Buckeye”, has annexed miles of land just to the west (the other side of me) and is now the biggest city in area in the state.

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

My my Benjamin.....I have googled up your continent down to Surprise....I wonder if I can find your place on the satmaps.....:tongue3:

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Because of very painful bursitis in my shoulders and arthritis in all my other joints, I am unable to do any exercises that require lifting, pulling or pushing. Riding a bicycle leaves my knees hurting much more than usual. Strangely, one exercise that only causes me minor pain that I can tolerate is walking, I walked about 6 miles yesterday and will be going out for a walk after I finish here. Swimming also doesn't leave me hurting more, but due to poor circulation I can't tolerate the temperature at which most people keep their pools; I need a pool a minimum of 90 degrees to be comfortable.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Our VA hospital keeps the pool that temp. It's terrible because my kids take swimming lessons there in the winter and when I go in to help them put their stuff down, I'm all bundled and BOIL until I can run out! LOL But seriously, the water is like bathwater. Do you have a VA pool near you?

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very nice setup! I've only got a rowing machine, a selection of dumbbells, and the floor for doing pushups.