1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where has all the Church Bus Ministries gone ?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Bro. Tim L. Bynum, Feb 4, 2004.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably in the same place where selling booklets, cassettes and videos is mentioned. RE:http://opbbc.org/helps.html :confused:

Is that caused by the use of a bus or are there deeper concerns?

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

You've been saved since Nov. 8th and you're a preacher and in Bible College? You're a family man and yet want children to email you!

3. 1611 KJV

1611 KJV Guest

I was saved on Nov.8.1998. I am not in Bible College. I am only 14. I am very Young Preacher.

I am Family Kid I should use.

4. 1611 KJV

1611 KJV Guest

Threr are deeper concerns.

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you list -say - one "concern" that you would have with a bus ministry. Could you support your "concern" with Scripture?

What would unsaved dads and moms be teaching their kids?

6. Soulman

Soulman New Member

The bus ministry os obviously not in the bible. But Christ told us to go to the streets and into the hedges and compel them to come. The bus ministry is a mode of transportation. If you think it to be ineffective because the kids are unruly, try walking a mile in those kids shoes.

They have parents that don't care wether they come to church or not.

It's not in the bible. It is a sad testamony to parents not parenting that we need a bus ministry at all.

With the bus ministry you need to embrace it or reject it.

Make a decision my friend!

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Here is your bus ministry, 1611 KJV. If those children's parents arent going to suffer them, then we will. We will bring them by bus as long as God gives us the open door to minister to those precious children. I wish I had someone who would have faithfully brought me to church every week when I was a child, as my parents made poor work of my spiritual education.

Sorry for not responding on your other thread, soulman, I didn't really have many answers for you. We have a small church and a small bus ministry, one 72 passenger bus with about 8 workers. But little is much, when God is in it!

8. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Little is much when God is in it!! How right is that??

Folks have to stop looking for the fruit in this life sometimes. We may work for years on buses and think we only brought in scruffy, snot nosed, ungreatful little ruffians. Mabey we were just planting seeds. I was saved at 14 and forbidden to be a baptist by my mom. I went to my pastor and he told me to obey my mom and God would one day bring me back. Sure enough at 26 He did.

You never know what the long outcome will be with the bus ministry. I believe most of the reward is in heaven.

Should we get discouraged because it seems we don't see much fruit?

Ask yourself: If I was the only one here, would Christ have died for Me?

The little fruit we do see here is worth it!

9. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Quote:But the Bible say that Dads and Moms should teach their kids.

Correct KJV1611. However the main reason I think we have a bus ministry is because parents shirk their responsibility. These kids would never get to church or learn anything about God if we didn't go and get them.

10. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

Lu 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
    (KJV)

I was saved indirectly by a bus ministry, (taken to VBS on a bus and began asking questions later about God, church,...) I support bus ministeries 100%

God Bless,
    Cline [​IMG]

11. delly

delly New Member

Our church has two buses. They pick up elderly ladies who don't drive as well as many children. Many of the ladies would not have a way to chruch were it not for the buses. I think it's wonderful that we supply buses for those who need them to get to our church.
    In a perfect world parents would bring their children to church but it isn't going to be a perfect world until the Lord comes again.

12. Soulman

Soulman New Member

I believe that the bus ministry can and should be the greatest soul winning arm of a church.

Consider the adults you get to talk to on a regular basis because you pick up their kids. The neighborhoods you visit every week. The ability to get other kids and parents through big days, word of mouth etc.

Done right it is phenominal.

13. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

God bless all who work for a bus ministry!!! People who rail at bus ministries are usually the same who rail at street preachers and folks who hand out bible tracts. These are CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS standing in the line of fire. I'm KJVO, but would definitely stand with Ray Comfort out on the streets and hand out tracts side by side before I would fellowship with any "Christian" who would hinder a soldier on the battlefield of souls.

KJV1611(Adam)Come on, your a street preacher, you know better, Where are hymnals in the bible??? Still gonna' use em' aren't ya'

"Bring them in, bring them in, bring them in from the fields of sin."

Better leave that one in MY hymnal. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. mheat923

mheat923 New Member

Our church has a thriving bus ministry about a year ago we had to purchase a second van! We mostly transport children and teenagers and in a church with average Wed night attendance of 25-30 for adults we have around 50 kids ages 3-12 and 40 plus teens.

One 5 year old impresses me she has been coming since age of 3 and comes everytime the doors are open. We adults all take turns watching her during the sun worship service on the off week for Children's church. I think it is great that these kids and teens have the bus ministry. It was asked about mom and dad teaching them ... not trying to be ugly but... hello this is the real world not all parents care enough or know enough themselves, at least these parents are sending the kids to church!
    another (and this is a sarcastic) answer to where is bus ministry in the Bible? Well Duh! no buses exsisted in the Bible!
    My Bible teaches spreading the good news and I think the bus ministry helps aid in the good news spreading. We have had some people start coming to church because their kids were first bussed in.

15. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

I have awarm place in my heart for bus ministry. I came to know Jesus as Lord and Savior because of bus ministry. Later, while on staff at a large metro church, involved in bus ministry. We had 15 busses and picked up 500-600 kids. I believe that bus ministry is still a viable ministry in urban areas. The thing that affected our bus ministry greatly was the passage of laws doing away with the "Blue Law". We lost 35% of our workers almost immediately. Of course, higher legal liabilities and insurance costs were another factor.