1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where is God's breath applied?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by franklinmonroe, Oct 4, 2009.

?
  1. True apostolic & prophetic autographs only

30.8%
  2. Autographs & ancient original language copies (MSS)

7.7%
  3. Printed original language critcial texts only

7.7%
  4. Ancient MSS & printed critical texts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Printed modern language translation(s) only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Autographs & ancient MSS, plus printed critical texts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Printed critical texts & translations

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ancient MSS, printed critical texts & translations

7.7%
  9. Autographs & MSS, plus critical texts & translations

23.1%
  10. Other

23.1%
  1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You dropped your lopllipop. This thread is 9 days old. The thread referenced where you had your spat is 12 days old.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your original statement was this:

"The problem one has is they are not the originator of the inspiration but the carrier, or may we say the transmitter?"

The "they" is the apostles and the prophets, correct? You therefore deny that the Holy Spirit did not work through them, the prophets and the apostles, to pen the inspired words of God, don't you? That is a terrible view of inspiration. If that be true, no one has or ever had an inspired Bible; not the apostles, and certainly not you!
    You don't seem to understand Scripture. Here is a couple of verses for you to mull over:

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

--Notice the holy men of God (NOT KVJ tranlsators) were moved by the Holy Ghost. It doesn't say that they themselves were "inspired." They were used by the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    --Inspiration defines Scripture. It is the Scripture that is inspired, not the men: the prophets or apostles. Only the Scripture can be inspired.
    What Scripture was inspired?
    What does inspiration mean?
    Inspiration means "God-breathed."
    If it is breathed out be God, then it is perfect, infallible in every way. Not one jot or tittle will be out of place. Not one i or crossing of the t will be out of place. That was the promise of Jesus Himself. However we know that the copyists and translators have made many mistakes, and corrections. Translations lose meaning. They are not perfect. Only the originals are perfect for they are the ones that are God-breathed.
    You do that, but remember the KJV is just a translation and that is all. It is not inspired, and cannot be. Only the originals can be inspired. They alone can be perfect, for they alone are God-breathed. You know there are mistakes in the KJV. I have pointed out many of them to you, but you just ignore my posts when I do that. I think it embarrasses you.

God's authority is in His Word. I have no problem saying that I have God's Word today. It is preserved. But somehow it shakes your faith right down to the foundation of your salvation to say that though God has preserved his word, it is not inspired in the translation we work with.
    That is unfortunate.

3. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Something is definitely wrong with your eyesight if you can't see the very first word in II Tim 3:16
    According to you. But then you also are saying we don't have God's words in any translation. You, now matter how hard you try or how long you try, cannot take away the inspiration of the Bible.

You idyllic theology in this area makes the word of God to have perished. this ideal of yours leaves men at the mercy of men and thereby writes the Lord totally out of any equation.

You may not even see that your line of reasoning fell into the trap in the 60's of when Time magazine stated "God is dead!"

you manufacture "mistakes" and they are not worth answering them, they are total folly and the Lord says we're not to answer a fool according to his folly.

You say this right after you just took away all authority of the word of God remaining inspired in any translation you so choose. hat's really funny!

#83 Harold Garvey, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  4. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Your encapsulation doesn't work here, although it does expose you for what you're doing.:BangHead:

Glad to see you're keeping records, [personal attack snipped]

#84 Harold Garvey, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009