1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where is satans Kingdom and is it Still in force?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by revmwc, May 14, 2015.

1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So far Progressive Dispensationaslists have best reconciled he [sic] inconsistencies that view holds.[/QUOTE]

Well good to know that you think other views are valid to a point.

Well I will give you this you are slightly more read then I am, as I have never heard of a pre-mill view that also localizes the Tribulation to the middle east.

Good of you to be fair to this group.

Your tone came off as quite different in your last post to me. But this one I felt was more civil. That is the curse of this medium is that tone can and does get lost in translation. I will give you the benefit of the doubt however.
    I don't remember the "Oh Pastor preaching jab, although I'm glad to see you admit to taking jabs.

Mission accomplished

See above about tone.

Just leaving this in so you don't accuse me of miss quoting you.

Fair enough

That is your perogative

Again just leaving this for the sake of not misquoting you.

I do enjoy Spurgeon, on of my favorite Preachers to read.

Yes I will deny that, because as I said above tone is hard to portray over this medium, but it is your prerogative if you choose to accept that or not.

As do we.

I would be curious as to which one you were looking at, because I have looked at the Baptist Faith and Message, and all its changes and it has gotten tighter on issues as the years go. But this is kind of off topic

From what I understand, the organization really comes down to the Co-Op and their Seminaries. There is definitely some rivalry between the different Seminaries especially as Reformed theology has had a resurgence in the SBC and a couple Seminaries have embraced Reformed theology. It is creating a bit of a civil war if you will but that is off topic just a bit.

True enough

Fair enough

Camp, view, idea... take your pick.

'In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity'

Fair enough

Okay...?

I must have missed the requirement of posting all about our churches doctrinal statements before posting here.

Well I appreciate that admission.

I do not believe that Christ has returned already, anymore then you do. I think you are thinking of post-trib view.
    Well I am talking to you so not sure what disservice you think I am doing.

Glad to see you admit that you are confirming my views of this board.

Ok

2. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you can see my previous post in response to you about tone and this medium.

I'm not offended, amused. I never take things said online personally. But I will call people on how their tone is perceived from time to time but again I will also admit that tone is hard judge in this medium.

I'm sorry your not happy ;)
    Ok seriously, are you saying that only pre-mill, futurist, pretrib are Christian Bible Students?
    Although maybe since that is your self given title I can just shorten it to CBS, Pre-mill, Pre-trib. I feel like futurist is implied in the pre-mill, pre-trib view, (with the exception of the 7 churches listed in Revelation. Every camp sees to take a more historicist view of them to some degree or another.)

You may be surprised.

Yes but I did acknowledge your question and I have admitted on multiple times that I have chosen to keep that to myself. Since you seem so curious about it and its a moot point now I will say I was a very unique blend based on what I saw in the Bible while trying to stick with the dispensational viewpoint as the only hermeneutic I knew. Best way to describe it would be pre-wrath, but not in the Rosenthal sense. I have never met anyone that I agreed with on this point, which meant that if I ever talked about it I was surrounded on all sides by antagonist and that is just not a fun spot to be in.

I answered that as soon as I had an opportunity on my computer to answer it. You are not a fan of my phone responses, which does limit what I can do quickly, so I have tried to wait until I have the computer to responded to you. And I never said snide, I said Snarky. And I think you know how quickly questions can get buried when a thread is hot and people are piling on.

I answered within 10 hours of your posting. This response to me was 11 hours. You posted that response at 11 pm my time, so I think giving people a chance to sleep and then go to church is only fair, unless you are going to insist on a time limit but then again I responded to that faster then you did to my response in this tread so I don't think you really want to go there.

I think she was collateral damage in your argument with Icon. While I will admit I'm not the best speller in the world, so this probably means nothing, I didn't notice her mistake until you pointed it out.

I did check and I thought it was ridiculous. I have fixed people's spelling in their post, although I have refrained on your, because I figure if I catch it with my bad spelling, then I should just fix it. This is not a college paper where it is expected to leave things as they are, but an informal setting where that is ok. I also do edit people's post since I often only want to respond to one part of what they are saying. The post would get insanely long if every response required the quoting of the previous poster in its entirety.
    I also noticed that you have gotten on people for not quoting properly with the link to their OP, but you had no problem with revmac not linking where he was quoting from. That does not seem very consistent for you. Now I'm sure you will point out that I'm not quoting properly but I don't know how you get every quote when you break it up like this to go back to the OP and I figure as long as my first quote can go back to the OP people can look at it if they so choose.

Or I'm just in a different state of mind and have a little bit more access to the computer.

Pity you feel the need to make self admitted 'snide' comments.

I guess I missed where you have to have a engraved invite to join threads.
    Also considering how you hijacked Judith's thread I feel like this is the pot calling the kettle black.

Welcome to the Internet. I will be honest I'm here for entertainment, not expecting to have any wonderful Doctrinal Discussions. There are other forums I am on that are much more serious that I use for learning and sharpening. As I told you this is the forum outside my comfort zone. Considering how overwhelmingly non-cal this forum is, I feel this is more seeing what the other side is thinking and then having some fun on the side.

And you are complaining that Icon miss quotes you? You are referencing the thread where it listed 2015 100 influential Christian leaders. You brought up the rapture, I just mentioned and author and a book series that has been milked dry.

No, and I'm happy your glad now.

I actually don't understand this response at all, even with the context that I carried over.
    But I am glad to see that you don't want to be associated with WoF although I find it odd that you spent so much energy then defending a doctrine of WoF.

Well I'm glad we agree that WoF is heretical

So if it was not against TOS you would question people's salvation based on their eschatology? Seems you and OR have something in common after all.

I don't believe that Christ returned in the First Century. Again that is Post-mill.

Agreed.

Why does forever only mean a thousand years?
    why does 490 years actually equal 200+ years.
    No system can answer every question, any more then anyone can full explain the trinity, or the hypostatic union.
    That is where faith comes in.
    Which is why ultimately I will still say I'm more pan-mill then anything, as it will all pan out in the end, but your questions moved me toward leaning toward a different camp, idea, view whatever word you want to use then you.

Agreed

Agreed. Why do you think I started looking at Covenant Theology?

Well I hope that you will then apologize to Judith for hijacking her thread since you admit that its not right.

3. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I finially figured out why you broke this into three replies as I had to edit our your continued from my last post to get it under the limit. Just wanted to let you know so you don't accuse me of editing your post to my advantage.

Wow so defending against the rank heresies of WoF is considered a hang-up in your view. That is 'odd'
    Yes I'm sure their are some sheep, which is why I'm so adamant about confronting WoF teaching when it rears its ugly head.

Fair Enough

I'm not ashamed of my Christianity. And I clearly did jump into the fire. So I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

"But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me." 2 Tim 1:12

Ok

From the world. That is par for the course for Christians, or at least it should be.

Glad I could make you laugh

Nice to see you admitting you were taking jabs although you know what they say about jokes you have to explain.

Oh I can see that. Its one of the amusing things about this forum.

Welcome to the Internet. Although I'm glad to see that we both agree that Doctrine is Objective. It doesn't matter what I think, all that matters is what the Bible says.

Not at all. Hard to be deep in pre-trib territory and not form wonderful friendships and relationships. You did not upset me at all, you amuse me.
    Probably the most upsetting thing that has happened to me from the pre-trib camp is that they did not manage to make all the Left Behind books into movies. I'm actually serious about it, I think they would have made wonderful movies, although they would have had to combine books, maybe only have 6 or 7 movies at the most. But for some reason Lahaye and Cloud Ten had issues and the movies got progressively worse. Which was disappointing since Nicolie was my favorite of those books and they were not able to make it into a good movie.

Yes

Agreed

4. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I just realized I missed this one in all my replies and since I would not want you to say I was ignoring you I'll just let you know that I will get back to this when I have the computer again, probably tomorrow.

#104 blessedwife318, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Feel free, but as I have told you, I will no longer "harass" you. If you feel it important to "put me in my place," feel free, just understand it was meant sincerely in trying to help.

God bless.

6. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your formatting is off for this quote so I'm not sure what you are asking.

So far it seems you equate Biblical with agreeing with you instead of Biblical meaning agreeing with the Bible.

ok

Heretical ideas

Somewhat although my interactions with Atheist has been limited.

I've never really found post-tribbers to be that challenging to talk to.

Funny you never mention Amill.

And yet you think you know my group based on posters on here. I think I can also gain a good idea based on posters on here, or at least as good of idea as you can.

So all my replies to you have ONLY been snide?

Really? Because I have yet to see that.

Is he?

Ok

I don't roost in one place either. And yet you keep acting like I do. Odd.

Well the most recent is for a New Testament passage supporting ethnic Jewish rule.

What questions?
    You accused of the same thing and yet when I called you on that the best you could come up with is that I took awhile to answer you question since apparently you have some timer that people are expected to answer you in.

See above.

And yet you still hold your beliefs as the litmus for being Biblical instead of holding the Bible as the litmus for being Biblical.
    I actually don't get your point in the last part of the quoted statement but that is probably a good thing.

Sure he's not :rolleyes:

I'm sure he thinks the same thing about you, but is that really called for?

So first you criticize me of not moving around then say it doesn't mean anything that I do move around:BangHead: Would you make up your mind please.

Pot meet Kettle

So do you want me to be outside my comfort zone or not?

So you recommend that I get out of my comfort zone and then when you find out I am on forums outside of my comfort zone, you say you don't recommend it? Again would you make your mind as its hard to have a discussion when you keep changing the rules.

So you recommend having debates with people of opposing views and now you are leaving this discussion because we have opposing views?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that after 4 post you were getting tired and had forgotten what you had said earlier but this last one I found very confusing as you kept changing what you were saying.

7. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I have to say is that I am deeply offended my "Oh...the Pastor is preaching" joke was not recognized.

How rude!

God bless.