1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where Is the Spirit In The New Heavens and In the New Earth?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Jul 4, 2007.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Interesting observation TC. I never gave this any thought but the question is where is the persona of the comforter, correct?

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

For the former has passed away. In line with the Trinity I know the spirit is present, could it be that it is not mentioned because the former things have passed???

I'm totally shooting from the hip on this one.

2. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

the Spirit is eternal Part of the God Head.
    the Spirit will continue to Function then as He does now and Indwelling in the Believer,

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. The Scripture is absolutely silent about the work of the Spirit in the New Heavens and the New Earth.

2. Whatever we venture would be speculative at best.

a. If we say that we need the Spirit to indwell us to be in fellowship with God, aren't wee assuming that our glorified bodies would not be sufficient, even though they will be like Christ glorious body and fit for the New World Order (Phil 3:21; 1 John 3:2, 3)?

b. If we say then, what would be the function of the Spirit, shouldn't we keep in mind that there was perfect fellowship in the Trinity before man was created?

3. The nature of the work of the Spirit, for the time being, is confined to this earth, and this is all that we know from Scripture.