1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where Pastors can eat for free!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PastorPreacher, Feb 3, 2009.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't the perks should be expected, but I don't see the harm in using them if offered. I know that if anyone offered a free meal to financial aid administrators, I'd probably take them up on the offer!

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

I don't mean to be overly cynical, but I really doubt if CiCi's wants to "Give something back to those pour underpaid preachers."

What CiCi's wants if for pastors and youth pastors to bring their youth groups there to eat!

How many of you are going to eat at CiCi's by yourself?

This has nothing to do with how much preachers get paid. It has everything to do with you bringing more people to CiCi's

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

The Baptist Board's Language Cop, Ed Sutton, has not posted in nine days. I suspect he is one of those Kentuckians who still does not have power lost in last week's Ice Storm. Were he able to post, I'm sure he would have already addressed the phrase "for free."

Simply put, "for free" is incorrect. You can get something free, for nothing or without charge. "Free" is an absolute, and does not require any help. Similar to "totally destroyed." When it's destroyed, it's total. Same with "pregnant." You either are or are not. You can't be "partially pregnant."

I'm afraid this battle is lost. Even the national media, newspapers and TV, get it wrong, and they're supposed to be guardians of the language. But there are some holdouts against the tide.

Hurry back, Ed, we need you.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Yep...savvy marketing! And why in the world would pastors feel entitled to eat for free at any business is beyond me.

5. rickh

rickh New Member

Only if you like being stingy. :BangHead:

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the Founders Conference (Reformed SBC) last summer near Tulsa I was pleased to see my favorite Tex/Mex chain with a "bring in your church bulletin and get 15% off" sign on the marquee.

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought there had been some cases where that type of thing resulted in legal action for 'religious discrimination' on grounds that a business serving food or drink to the public cannot refuse to serve, or award special services to, any person on account of religion (and race, color, nationality,...) based on the Civil Rights Act of 1964.