1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where The Holy Spirit Is NOT

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hark, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You will not believe it. So I say... you figure it out with the Lord's help.

2. vooks

vooks Active Member

What is/are your gift(s) @Hark?

3. vooks

vooks Active Member

@Hark,
    Your first excuse of needing witnesses to confirm existence of your spiritual gift(s) is moot, as is your second of my doubts of the existence of the same.

Once again, what is your spiritual gift or gifts?

4. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sharing when you are still argumentative when you said from earlier that what I have shared was babbling nonsense.

5. vooks

vooks Active Member

It was pseudo-religious babble because the question is so simple as asking your first name. It served one purpose, digression.

As I shared, from my experience with rabid critics of the gifts, they most not only lack none, but they've never received none. It puts your arguments into perspective if we learnt of whether you have any gift, and what gift that is.

Now that you have gift(s) from the Spirit, could you please share with us which these gifts are?

6. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, your argument would be better suited to say that every believer has a gift to function in the body of Christ as 1 Corinthians 12 th chapter would testify to that if you wish to prove that the gifts had not ceased.

My expounding on that point of your argument would be that to get these gifts, it never required another drink of the One Spirit to get them.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal......12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

I will share one of the spiritual gifts that I have and that is the gift of prophecy which is manifested by His grace and by His help through the Holy Spirit in me. That is not to say that I do not need to learn anything or that I can never make a mistake, but that is one of His gifts to me.

7. vooks

vooks Active Member

prophecy it is!

could you please define it

8. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Edification by the word of God. That was why Paul was exhorting the gift of prophecy as the gift to seek after over all spiritual gift. Not tongues. And yet that is the only gift hyped these days that comes by preaching another filling of the Holy Spirit to get it which is apostasy and why that tongue never comes with interpretation either.

9. vooks

vooks Active Member

How did you arrive at this definition?
    And if this is the gift of prophecy, contrast it with the gift of teaching

10. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 14:1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.....3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

I probably should amend my definition since it looks like it means that what is shared will be manifested for what is needed to be said at the moment for that person or people to know.

People teach a lesson that is generally for everyone to receive, and not necessarily something that a believer(s) needed to know just then as manifested by the Holy Spirit. Prophecy is an on the spot ministry. Teaching is a prepared lesson like pastoring is a prepared sermon.

The gift of teaching is not plainly written here below, although contentions can be made for word of wisdom or the word of knowledge, and not just applying it to gift of prophecy.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

I think what you are thinking of here are the offices in the church, rather than the gifts of the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

11. vooks

vooks Active Member

You are making a circular argument.
    I know prophecy serves the purpose of edification, exhortation and comfort, but the question is, what makes whatever you do PROPHECY?
    Is everyone who edifies,exhorts and comforts from the Word a prophet?
    In short prophecy is spontaneous while teaching is premeditated and structured?
    But it is in verse 28 together with other gifts
    1 Corinthians 12:28 (KJV)
    And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues

You are free to think and imagine all you wish but my mind is on 1 Corinthians 12:28

1Corinthians 12:28 (KJV)
    And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DUH!
    "Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" is Jesus Christ in time raised from the dead and grave "in the flesh" uncorrupted incorruptible and immortal OF HIS OWN GLORIFIED BODY --- not yours! "Flesh and blood" like mine and yours "CANNOT inherit the Kingdom of God" and CANNOT be the temple of the Holy Spirit who only dwells in the unapproachable light of the Glory of God the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Are you, God!?

13. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I belong to Him because I was bought with a price and sealed as His. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, thanks to Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

That is why under the New Covenant, I am blameless for not keeping the sabbath day because Jesus Christ in me has made me holy.

I do not have to keep the sabbath day to be holy any more because Jesus Christ, Whom is holy, is in me, and therefore I have been made holy because of Him as my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit since I have been saved for believing in Him as my Savior.

14. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where'd you go, Hark?

God bless.

15. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The Greek for 'is come' is in the Perfect Tense, meaning 'has come' as in every modern translation.

The fault is not in the KJV translators but in the 17th Century language they used.

It's the same in the previous verse. 'many false prophets have gone out into the world.'