1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where there was shadow now there is light

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 1Tim115, Jul 12, 2010.

1. 1Tim115

1Tim115 New Member

" …shadowing the mercyseat; "

In Ex.25.22 notice the mercy seat (2 words) in the Old Testament, has become (1 word) in the New Testament. Is
    singular word "mercyseat" circumstantial by the writers’ language translation; or is there significance to Christ
    becoming both propitiation and mediator between God and men?

Notice also, in Ex.25.22 that God was above the mercy seat. No amount of animal blood could purify what man’s
    hands had crafted for God to sit. The only thing which could purify the mercyseat acceptable to God was the
    blood of God. Full atonement for man’s sins remained in shadow until Christ shed His blood on the cross at
    Calvary. I believe this is the seat where Christ resides now. The next seat of Christ will be of course the
    judgment seat of Christ for Christians; but, this is about mercy not the judgment. Christ is now sitting on
    His mercyseat making intercession for us before God. By His completed work, He has provided the path back to
    God, the grace of mercy. Just from me alone, I am sure the current office of Christ is an extremely busy job.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A great topic!

Hebrews 9:5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat;
    of which we cannot now speak particularly. " …shadowing the mercyseat; "

Quote:
    Exodus 25:22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat,
    from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee
    in commandment unto the children of Israel.

1Tim115:
    In Ex.25.22 notice the mercy seat (2 words) in the Old Testament, has become (1 word) in the New Testament. Is
    singular word "mercyseat" circumstantial by the writers’ language translation; or is there significance to Christ
    becoming both propitiation and mediator between God and men?

Yes! Absolutely "there is significance to Christ
    becoming both propitiation and mediator between God and men" AND LAW! Notice that in Exodus 25:22 ".... I (I-AM) will commune with thee from above the mercy seat,
    from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony .... in commandment ....."-- the Law hidden underneath; kept close, not even opened or referred to BECAUSE CHRIST BECAME GOD'S LAW AND COMMUNICATION BETWEEN HIMSELF AND HIS PEOPLE.

This is the Gospel spoken of already in the Law!