1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where's Your Confidence?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by HeDied4U, Sep 21, 2003.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where's Your Confidence?
    "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him." Jeremiah 17:7 NIV

Listen: "Then [Delilah] called, 'Samson, the Philistines are upon you!' He awoke from his sleep and thought, 'I'll go out as before and shake myself free.' But he did not know that the Lord had left him. Then the Philistines seized him" (Judges 16:20-21 NIV). A champion who once depended on God for his every move, now says "I'll just do what I've done before."

Jesus said, "Without me ye can do nothing" (John 15:5). Now we know that Scripture; we even quote it. Yet we keep going out without bending our knee or committing our way unto the Lord, acting like it all depends on us, and falling flat on our faces. Dear God, will we ever learn?

Listen: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord. He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes... But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit" (Jeremiah 17:5-8 NIV).

Most of our internal agony, our struggling and frustration come from misplaced confidence. Before you go a step further today, pause and ask yourself, "Where have I placed my confidence?"

courtesy of The Vine
    --------------------------

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

My confidence is in my Lord, My savior.