1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which forum is consistently positive?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Pine_Island_Mrs, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Pine_Island_Mrs

Pine_Island_Mrs New Member

Would someone please direct me to the areas of this board that are the most consistently positive and contain pleasant conversation even while disagreeing on a subject? I've been a member here for a relatively short time. I find many topics of interest and get excited about finding various baptist opinions to compare but then before long someone attacks someone else. Where is God in this? Please tell me that these that are quick to attack and judge are non-believers "trolling" our sight. I have several questions I liked to post so I could get anchored christians opinions but, truthfully, I'm afraid to post them. Afraid I'll be attacked or ridiculed.

2. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Try the politics forum. Lots of love over there.

3. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Gershom, shame on you!!! The politics forum should be called the fighting forum!! haha

[​IMG]

4. graceb2u

graceb2u New Member

I had the same problem when I started here a couple of weeks ago. Go to the hobby/travel, games, coffee house or clean jokes. These are the best forums for positive people. Do not go into the politics forum if you don't want to be attacked.

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Grace has it right although there are some other places that are cordial as well. Try sports

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Hi there, and welcome to the board. [​IMG]
    There are a number of decent people on the board. However, there are also a few vocal ones that tend to get a bit snippy. Since it is an open forum with thousands of members it is impossible to force everyone to post positively all of the time. The ones that are consistently rude/mean draw moderator attention and we work to resolve the problem, but there is no way to prevent it from happening without turning the BB into a lesson in Communism 101. As anywhere in the world there are good people and bad people here, only the bad is much more noticeable in type and when you draw thousands of people all into one small area and stare at what they say, along with the misunderstandings that can happen when you take away face to face discussions and the body language and tone of voice that helps one understand the attitude of the poster!
    I'd urge you to post your questions in the appropriate forums (theology questions in the theology section for example) and simply ignore those who post in a disagreeable manner. If they break BB rules and policies feel free to report the offender to the moderator of that section of the board. Each forum on here has a group of moderators listed on the far right, and you simply click on one of their names to pull up their profile in order to send a private message. It can be done even easier by simply clicking the little rocket at the bottom of a post to report it. Doing so will immediately send an alert and a copy and link of/to the post to all of the moderators of the forum along with one to Webmaster.
    Gina

7. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Pine Island,
    The Baptist Women's Private Forum is pretty good too. Everyone seems to get along pretty well there. I wonder if it's because there are no men posters?? LOL JK guys... :D

Rachel

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree with the above posts
    The very nature of politics means it is going to be a hot topic. Enter there pre-warned that political views will be expressed and moderating only takes place when a poster steps out of line accordning to the rules. The Webmaster has made it clear that while he wants a controlled environment, he does not want censorhip. Politics is not the place for a warm, cozy chat.

This, from above -is the best advice
    There are thousands of nice people here - only a few who cause problems. This is like any other community - discussions can be fast a furious, but with a few exceptions I admire and respect those with whom I have differed and we have a good relationship.

There have been cases where people who have disagreed strongly on topics have come together to help each other in personal matters as well.

It is a nice community - not perfect, but working on it ;) .