1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

which kind of Baptist are you?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Apr 21, 2008.

1. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

And me. We meet to worship God, not one another. He looks upon the heart. If I wear posh clothes, thinking to myself, "Everybody will look at me, and be so jealous!" can that be right? If I wear the "imitation posh" clothes of the second category, thinking, "These are great imitations! Everyone will think they are the real thing!" can that be right? If I wear the same clothes that I wear to dig the garden, and think, "Well, they will do; I can't be bothered to go to the trouble of wearing my best clothes!" can that be right?

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm a mix of all the above!!!

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I am none of those. I am a Baptist who loves lively southern gospel music with a piano, guitars, and any other instruments they want to throw into the mix--except drums. I wear a suit but only because I am the song leader and soloist. Wednesday night I wear blue jeans and sneakers.

4. North Carolina Tentmaker

Why must we categorize and assimilate everyone into groups. I know that was not the intention of this thread and I have no problem talking about what we wear to church. I wore a dress shirt and slacks Sunday, no tie or jacket. But I am so sick of being categorized and judged by association by people too lazy or indifferent to get to know who I really am. It is so much easier to look at what you wear, listen to, or read and say, "oh, I know all about you." If you took the time to get to know people you might actually start to care about them.

5. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

I am a Blue Jean Baptist and proud of it! I actually do wear jeans to church and am a very laid back and easygoing person. My husband says I go against the grain so to speak--I sure know I live life outside the box!!

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

According to what some have said, I'm an onery, stubborn, unpredictable, lazy, chronically late, irritating, Baptist, that they still love.

However, I told my bride, my sister-in-law and my late mother and my late brother that they wanted an impartial observation, here. :saint:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    They all said that that was an impartial observation.

:laugh: :laugh:

Ed

7. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

North Carolina Tentmaker-- I apologize for not making the point of the sermon more clear.

The idea was NOT to catagorize and judge others. It was to catagorize OURSELVES for the purpose of realizing that often we teach and preach from our perspective ON the scripture rather than from the scripture. It was to help us recognize that folks that do things differently than we do them are not the evil empire. They just might have something good to teach us.

8. North Carolina Tentmaker

Sorry Nodak, I must have misunderstood. Or perhaps I just unloaded on your thread due to other frustrations.

9. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

I totally agree with you on that! I know I am against the grain kind of person and people who are with the grain might not get me but there have been so many people who once they saw what I was saying, understood and maybe even learned something.