1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which Religion or Theology will be accepted and taught in Heaven?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 12, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously! When we get to heaven, which form of religion or whose theology from this life will God adhere to or be teaching? Which religion of form of theology will reign supreme in glory?

If you say that this is absurd, and silly, then I ask why we fight tooth and nail over religious beliefs of theological understandings and teachings in this life? A life that is actually like a vapor, soon to pass, and after we are gone, all that we held dear and near to our heart will, in fact, be of little consequence to those left behind! How much a change has there been in religion and theological foundations just since Luther or Wesley, or Calvin or anyone of significance has passed from this life and unto everlasting life? All that these men built their fundamental foundations on have given way to change, and today, their die-hard stance has softened and changed to accommodate the world left behind! In Eccll. 3:2 we are told, "For everything, there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:" Which would support change, here on earth, and that change would be applicable to even our religious beliefs and long taught theologies! In Psalms 102:26 we read, "They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away,"

The only thing that doesn't change is the Bible! In Hebrews 13: 8, we read, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." It is a fact that reading the Bible can and will, and even should change you; however, the truth is, the Word of God, like Jesus, per Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

So, which form of religious traditions or orthodoxy, or what theological foundation will we find heaven to be based on? In short: will there be theology or religions in heaven?

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Everyone in Heaven will believe in the triune God who is absolutely sovereign over all that comes to pass, from salvation to righteous judgment...see rev19

3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Icon ... thanks for the answer. How goes the over the road work? I always wondered what your kind of work would be like. Being able to travel the roads of this beautiful land, seeing God's creative handiwork everywhere you go, must be awesome. Stay safe brother. Shalom!

4. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No religion taught. When the heavens and earth are made new, we will not be straining to see/understand, but will know as we are known (1 Corinthians 13:12). True spiritual knowledge is a knowledge of persons, not mere facts, and we will know the One who has redeemed us.

It is absurd that we fight over religious beliefs in the first place. The Kingdom of God is not advanced through fighting. Hostile arguments don't change hearts and minds.

The "Word of God" IS Jesus, not a separate entity "like Jesus" (see John 1). You have confused Jesus - Who is the Word of God - with the Bible - which is the word of God.

Theology will consist of knowing God. It is eternal life (John 17:3). No religions are needed or will exist.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello Dude
    In South Dakota this morning....heading back to Minnesota for tomorrow, than Wisconsin for thurs.
    I used to do this run quite often but not so much now...
    I always felt relaxed coming up here, the rolling hills, lakes, farms, black hills,etc....old fashioned people,friendly....
    There have been some really good opportunities this past couple of months gospel wise.....
    I learned something going over an old sermon yesterday, so I listened to it 3 more times yesterday, maybe again today...still have 300 miles to go after breakfast.....lolPut some quick pictures up on my facebook page yesterday.....You have to be able to spend time alone to do this.....but if you can it is a special blessing as far as study goes....I can listen to dozens of sermons per week....

Even in this world under the curse....there are some great views;
    here is yesterday;
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Revelation 19King James Version (KJV)
    19 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

7. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I fear all of the people who complain that the praise portion of their local church service is too long may be in for a bit of shock.
    :)

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Mine!

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah. They are going to really hate heaven! LOL!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It would be good if the shock was not eternal.....that is why sometimes confrontation can be beneficial both here and in eternity;
    20 And ye, beloved, on your most holy faith building yourselves up, in the Holy Spirit praying,

21 yourselves in the love of God keep ye, waiting for the kindness of our Lord Jesus Christ -- to life age-during;

22 and to some be kind, judging thoroughly,

23 and some in fear save ye, out of the fire snatching, hating even the coat from the flesh spotted.

24 And to Him who is able to guard you not stumbling, and to set [you] in the presence of His glory unblemished, in gladness,

25 to the only wise God our Saviour, [is] glory and greatness, power and authority, both now and to all the ages! Amen.

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree ... also those who don't like raising hands, and other things that go along with true worship and praise!

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The theology that will be taught and lived by in heaven will be the same that Jesus taught while here on earth; loving one another, being kind to one another, worshiping God, sharing all with one another, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

God's!
    That we will learn the truth's of God's word the Bible and all will be shocked at how they had misinterpreted the scriptures. But God will teach us the real truth of His word.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no need of teaching in Heaven, because there will be no ignorance. We shall know even as we are known.

No need of teaching, means no need of study. There will be no -ology at all in Heaven.

Heaven will be faith fully realized. An eternal blissful existence in love, pure and unadulterated. No anger. No envy. No sorrow. No trouble. No darkness.

So, what system of theology will be in Heaven? None.

• Agree Agree x 2