1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which Theory On Atonement is Biblical?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reply to Iconoclast,

This does not deny the finished work of the cross.

Jesus did not "accomplish redemption" on the cross. Perhaps you might consider posting a verse that demonstrates this assertion.

I edited my post and removed my errant statement that scripture said God had reconciled, past tense the world. 2 Corinthians 5:19 says God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself.

Not sure what you mean by using unbiblical language. I use English, not Greek, Hebrew or Aramaic. So is everyone else. Perhaps your idea is God does not use the concept of enable like choosing people for salvation through faith in the truth as clearly stated in 2 Thessalonians 2:13. When Christ became the propitiation for the whole world, that enabled salvation.

Not sure what translation of Hebrews 9:12 you are using but my NASB does "for us" at the end of the verse. Looking further, verse 15, we see my view clearly presented.