1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Which?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Jan 19, 2022.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calling Christian doctrines "heresy" or Christians "heretics" has essentially been deemed contrary to BB standards of BB conduct.

That said, instances need to be reported.

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having grown up in Florida, I recall often having to pic tics off the dogs.

Didn't know their gender, but once in a while, we might say, "Her's a tic."

I hear that some up in the Appalachia areas get disease from them.

We would certainly separate them from the dogs and squish them.

Is that a bible principle?

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We certainly should look after our dogs as we are responsible for their care. That is a biblical principle. (Proverbs 12:10).

But I don't know if it is a good idea to pick ticks off stranger's dogs as you may get bit. That is also a biblical principle. (Romans 14:4). :Wink

• Like Like x 2
  4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God; this one was in the beginning with God;
    And the Word became flesh, and did tabernacle among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of an only begotten of a father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1,2,14 YLT
    But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born [or made] of a woman, born under the [article not in the Greek, I don't think] law, Gal 4:4 NKJV
    God [whatever is in your mind here relative to John 1:1,2], who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by [Or should it be, through] whom also he made the worlds [ages?];

and to Abraham were the promises spoken, and to his seed; He doth not say, 'And to seeds,' as of many, but as of one, 'And to thy seed,' which is Christ; Gal 3:16 YLT
    Remember Jesus Christ, raised out of the dead, of the seed of David, according to my good news, 2 Tim 2:8
    Paul, an apostle -- not from men, nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who did raise him out of the dead -- Gal 1:1 YLT
    who through him do believe in God, who did raise out of the dead, and glory to him did give, so that your faith and hope may be in God. 1 Peter 1:21
    'For, as the Father doth raise the dead, and doth make alive, John 5:21 YLT first part] for, as the Father hath life in himself, so He gave also to the Son to have life in himself, John 5:26 YLT] because also Christ once for sin did suffer -- righteous for unrighteous -- that he might lead us to God, having been put to death indeed, in the flesh, and having been made alive in {to?] the spirit, 1 Peter 3:18 YLT] and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His Spirit dwelling in you. Rom 8:11 YLT] so also the Son doth make alive whom he willeth; John 5:21 last part.

And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him. Heb 7:9,10 KJV

All of that ask?

Is it totally foreign to the Word of God that the Word made flesh was in the loins of God the Father before the virgin Mary was found to be conceived out of Spirit and that in her being Holy?

Matt 1:20,21 And on his thinking of these things, lo, a messenger of the Lord in a dream appeared to him, saying, 'Joseph, son of David, thou mayest not fear to receive Mary thy wife, for that which in her was begotten [literally] of Spirit, is Holy. She shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins.'---Why--- And all this hath come to pass, that it may be fulfilled that was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, ---
    'Lo, the virgin shall conceive, and she shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel,' which is, being interpreted 'With us he is God.'

Why anyone thinks that concept takes anything away from God is beyond me. IMHO it is the very Word of God.

IMHO it was the very purpose for God in creating man in his own image. For the purpose of destroying the devil and his works through the redemption of man, through the Son of God born of woman, becoming obedient unto death for the sin of the man, thus being raised out of the dead, exalted.