1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

While Many Americans Suffer: Obama's Travel, Everywhere!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jun 21, 2011.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

So, in reality, the controversy really involves one trip to Spain (while, I think, the president was in the UK?) instead of 'excessive vacations?'

I think we are asking too much to ask anyone to take a job where they may have to go 8 years without a family vacation.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think the first family ought to be able to travel all they want, whether the POTUS is with them or not.. It makes the statement to the world that American reveres, or at least holds in high respect, its President, and takes care of everything.

I also believe this president is the absolute worse one we have ever had, including Jimmy Carter, and we desperately need to defeat him..

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to Be Misleading!

It was not my intention to be misleading. Thanks Salty, for pointing this out. My Title was a little awkward. So please accept my apologies.

I was just pointing out that it seems like the first lady, and even Obama, are taking advantage of the position and traveling a lot more than what would be the norm.

I say this because, our taxpaying citizens can't afford to take trips to Kenya, South Africa, Spain, India, Hawaii, etc.

In these days of tight money, it would seem to me that the POTUS would want to make sure that any travel, on the taxpayer's dime, is for actual business with foreign countries.

When I worked for the State of California, we were absolutely forbidden to go on any trips that did not have the concerns of the department at the top of our list of business. We had to stop having supervisory get togethers, and had to conduct all business at the local offices.

If the state budgets are making their employees cut back, why shouldn't the top man responsible for this nation? If he wants to take trips with the family in tow, then do it on your own dime, Mr. President!