1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White House Web Site Becomes Pro-Abortion After Obama Takeover

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ps104_33, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- In less than five minutes after Barack Obama took over as the next president, the White House web site changed from pro-life to pro-abortion. The previous site, which touted the pro-life proclamation President Bush signed late last week, now includes Obama's agenda for women, which calls for promoting abortion.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat4763.html

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The administration of death

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Well, we are all praying for his success, right Rev?:)

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Success as defined by scripture. Not Reverend Wright.

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

This is a mischaracterization of the site. It underwent a total redo. The President's position on a variety of issues are, and should be, listed on the site.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So...just how is it a mischaracterization? Are you suggesting that there is not a pro-abortion portion of the site?

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Big deal. He's a pro-choice democrat. You're sensationalizing something that doesn't mean that much.

We could have just as easily said other things and been as accurate:
    "White House Web Site Becomes Pro-Life against the Death Penalty After Obama Inaugural"
    "White House Web Site Becomes Pro-Family Against a Sustained War in Iraq"
    "White House Web Site Becomes Pro-Education For All Americans after Obama Inaugural"

You're just being dramatic.

8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Just as a person that is pro-abortion (or pro-life) can have opinions on many other issues, so can a web site. Just because that person thinks and believes about other things does not mean they are not pro-whatever. No, it is not a mischaracterization. The web site is now pro-abortion, regardless if it also has text about other issues.

Let me know when your next Obama-Can-Do-No-Wrong meeting is, ok?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think so.

For many of us pro-life is the ultimate issue. It is for me.

There is a great deal of difference between taking a life of the individual who has committed murder and intentionally taking the innocent life of a helpless human being totally dependent upon its mother.

Genesis 9 allows (actually it commands it in the imperative) the death penalty for bloodshed, Romans 13 reinforces that premise as well as the punishment of evil-doers.

I went to the White House URL and read for myself the official document concering the view of abortion of the current President of the United States of America.

It says that he will make the preservation of Roe v. Wade a priority in his administration and that he opposes any amendment to overturn the Supreme Court decision in that case.

I've added this note: I will pray for the president, that God will send him light from heaven to his heart and mind and that he will do that which is right. But I will also continue to pray that Roe v. Wade is overturned.

HankD

#9 HankD, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The entire website changed about 12noon when Mr. Obama became President of the United States. I know because I was watching to see when it would change. So it is a bit misleading for the story to claim that the site became pro-choice. It is a different website and yes it is pro-choice. Does that surprise anyone? We all know that Mr. Obama believes it is ok for a woman to murder her baby. On this issue Mr. Obama is very, very wrong. Abortion is murder and should not be legal in any civilized nation on this planet. The Bible is clear that murderers do not have eternal life (1Jn 3:11-15). Abortion is one of the worst forms of murder. A mother killing her own innocent baby. As Thomas Jefferson once said,

"Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever." -Thomas Jefferson

"Woe to those who call evil good" -Isaiah 5:20a

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not misleading at all as it shows unfettered support of abortion. Facts are facts.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was pro-life, then in a moment it became pro-choice. If that isn't the definition of "becoming" something else then we need to rewrite the dictionary.

Indeed it is different and many of us see it as an official incurring of blood-guilt.

But in this you are correct, I was not surprised.

HankD

13. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==It is misleading. The article made it sound like Bush's White House website was changed to pro-choice, it was not. It is a whole new website with the same url. The whole website has changed and it has a different programer. Is this a technicality? Yes. But sometimes we have to get technical with the truth.

14. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==This nation has been guilty of the blood of innocent babies since the passing of Roe v. Wade. The Bush administration did little to change that and the Obama administration will take us back to policies of open/unrestricted abortion (like Clinton). I did not quote Thomas Jefferson for nothing, I do tremble when I think of our nation's sins and the holiness of God.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A website is a website. When we changed our program, content and look at our church's website, it was the same SITE - just a new look. If it's the same address, it's the same website.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you do. So one can create a brand new gray. The site was pro-life now it is pro- slaughter of unborn children. All the graphics and programmers in the world does not change that.

17. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Anyone who knows my position on abortion knows that there is no grey with me.

18. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The website also changed from Republican to Democrat because...wait for it...we changed Presidents. gasp!

I'm still trying to figure out how this is news. It seems obvious.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you suggesting that abortion is synonymous with Democrats?

20. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

It's not news... it's just something else for everyone to jump on the band wagon about with Obama.

In Four or Eight years we will wonder what the next POTUS will do we don't like...

Nothing new, Politics is all......

Of course the Website changed, the POTUS changed... Didn't it change about the same time/day when Bush was first voted in?