1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White House Web Site Becomes Pro-Abortion After Obama Takeover

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ps104_33, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

But you were the one who brought up the issue of victims in the Holocaust vs. abortions! I only replied to you.

This is what you said that I replied to. Nothing about Iraq here.

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When appropriate yes. While we, as a staff, don't get up and give hour long sermons focusing on outlawing abortion we (and myself particularly) have used the global focus of why we desire to sustain life and how individuals can find healing after they've broken God's ways.

Also, I have counseled several individuals and (as listed elsewhere) worked for meaningful alternatives for individuals in a society that allows the practice.

Does this satisfy your desire for my ministry?

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

White House Web Site Becomes Pro-Abortion After Obama Takeover

:tear: What a sad day...

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

What is the world did you guys expect? That they would leave Bush's site online and just add to it?

Didn't it change when Bush became President? Doesn't it change with each President?

Why in the world is this such a big deal!?!?

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

They can speak for themselves but I think it is more or less a rite of mourning because a very pro-choice president is in office. It's an expression of sadness.

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

It's a big deal because it is a government web site that promotes murder. It is not unexpected, but that doesn't mean it's not a big deal. If the site had information about murdering adults, that would be a big deal and unexpected. This content is just a big deal.

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

True, but everyone is putting on a 'face' like they didn't see this coming!

If they didn't want a Pro Lifer in office maybe the GOP should have put up some one better than McCain to vote for.

Maybe they shouldn't have expected to fight Hillary and get caught off guard when it was Obama.

Maybe they should have fought against Bush and his pushing the country away from the GOP.

If you look at the bigger picture it's not hard to see how this happen....

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

No, nothing about this is a big deal.. Everyone knew where he stood before he was elected, and now the website reflects his stance.

If it was a big deal, see my points I just made in the last post....

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

There are apparently christians who do not believe this verse.

10. matt wade

Sorry...murder is a big deal whether you know it's coming or not.

I agree with most of your statements about what should have/could have been done prior to the election. But, the leaders of the GOP don't see abortion as a big deal. They see it as a political talking point to gain votes. I don't believe they (the big shots) could care less about the actual murdering of children that takes place.

I don't align myself with either party really. I vote for the better candidate. Unfortunately for me, the better candidate wasn't on the ticket this time around (and hasn't been on the ticket for quite some time).

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

If christians didn't want a pro baby murderer who was going to do all he can to murder more babies, then maybe they should have voted for someone else. Whe partial birth abortions start back up, and babies are stabbed in the head with scissors in this country, christians bear the burden of guilt.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, I didn't get that impression.

I don't think it's fair to blame people who did not vote for Obama for being sad that he's pro-choice.

Well, maybe, maybe, maybe. I don't think anyone was surprised. It's just that the reality set in when viewing the website, I guess.

I'm sad, too, especially since I came so close to aborting my son and was only stopped by God's intervention (which I did not recognize at the time). I've known many women who had abortions - some had 2 or more.

I think of the -- almost 40 million is it now? -- people that would be here if not for abortion. Even taking away abortion for medical reasons and rape, it would still be close to 40 million.

13. matt wade

Unfortunately some christians don't seem to think that murdering children is a big deal... :tear:

14. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Where have I told a lie about you? I have offered an opinion on your vote for Obama and made a statement that your defense of that vote is really weak. I did not attack you personally, I made no negative comments about your ministry, I have not cast doubts on your call to the ministry. Regardless of what you think I deserve, I do deserve identification of the post that I lied about you.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I don't know why you keep saying this. I don't think any one here says that we need to pray that his political agenda succeeds. I know the Bible doesn't say it, but we are to pray for him - full stop (period for the US readers)

16. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Since I was talking about the people that voted for someone other than Obama, you statement is just a rant.

I think there are few here that want abortions, so the added effects of your posts are unneeded.

17. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Why not? People around here seem to think because I voted for someone other than McCain or Obama I did nothing but help Obama. If they can blame me for putting him in the WH, I can use the same arguement.

If the GOP had put someone up that was a real Conservative, then I don't think we would have Obama in office. Plain and simple.. They didn't.

No, it's more than that, because look at this one thread.. How many people are sadden because of a website... This saddness should have set in in November, if it was real and genuine, why has it taken over two months for it to 'set in'?

The website changed.. so what... no big deal. Life changed in November, not now. People just want to grandstand and claim that people like myself that don't care when the website changed, that that equals we don't care about abortion and think that THAT issue isn't a big deal.

God is great isn't he.

18. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Has anyone around on this board said that very thing? Can you please quote anyone that has said that.

19. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Your lie is right in your second sentence...I didn't vote for our current President.

[quoteSeekingTruth]I did not attack you personally, I made no negative comments about your ministry, I have not cast doubts on your call to the ministry. Regardless of what you think I deserve, I do deserve identification of the post that I lied about you.[/quote]

#22 where you said:
    You likened me and my ministry to the "blind leading the blind." That is a pretty rough statement. Also when you suggested I change my login name it was because, according to you, I wasn't upholding the very moniker I use.

20. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Jamie, I've been asking for this specific charge to be answered and have gotten no where. When confronted they all turn cowardly and won't give out names. What a shame.