1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White supremism

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Aug 21, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Why is white supremism growing?

Is satan that powerful today?

Nightline is covering white nationalists (at least april gaede admits they are not Christian). And it is scary that hate groups are growing.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are wrong to assume it is growing because a news story indicates such. Over the last 30 or more years I have heard such stories which indicate such things, and racial equality has advanced, not retreated.

But your question, "Is Satan that powerful today?"... The answer is Yes, but what comparison are you making? The 'Jim Crow' decades? Nazi Germany? Apartheid? Idi Amin? Bosnia? The point is, did you think Satan is less powerful today?

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Alcott

I do not understand your question.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

However, I can state that I have never based any analysis upon one news report . . .

And the problem is getting worse . . . Again: why is our country allowing satan to take control?

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most Americans are not Christians . Therefore for unregenerate individuals to allow Satan to take control is quite natural . I believe in the plurality of sins . There are many evils in America . I say that as a patriotic expat .

When Nightline or some other news program features racism it is alarming -- but not necessarily indicative of a widespread trend . A micro-gathering can still get a pretty compelling sound and picture bite .

6. Psalm 100

Psalm 100 New Member

There was a show on A&E or TLC a couple of weeks ago. They were interviewing a former skinhead. He said that there was concerted effort by a lot of the white supremacist groups to join the military to get weapons and tactical training for the "upcoming war". Once in the military, they also work to recruit new people. He said it was pretty easy to do.

I don't think this is indicative of the military at all, but it does show how these groups are growing and getting stronger by "staying under the radar". They're not out in the public announcing what their plans are.

This is just one more trick by satan. He's using the dissatisfaction many youth feel because about the job market, prospects for the future, the need to fit in and keep anyone who looks different out, and the perceived image of white supremacist groups as tough, fraternal organizations that protect their traditional ways.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Well said .

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

It's anti-PCism taken to the logical extreme.

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Spoken like a logical believer.

Being 'anti PC' does not in any way shape or form lead to your logic.

Hate is hate.

Being against what God has commanded us to be against - homosexuality, abortion, the break down of the family is just being against the logical result of PC and satan's control of this country.

I do not know why you consider Racism logical . . . but, racism is sick.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Are hate groups growing?

Depends on whom you listen to.

The Southern Poverty Law Center classifies hate groups so liberally that virtually any church that teaches homosexuality is wrong will qualify.

Many organizations quote SPLC's figures.

Before I agree that they are growing, I would want to see:

1. Statistics that they are.
    2. The definition of a "hate group."

I agree with SPLC and others that idiots such as Phelp's sired bunch in Westboro and the Aryan nation, KKK, etc. are hate groups...vile, repulsive ones at that. I can't go along with some of their definitions, though.

11. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Racist groups are growing in this country. (like weeds)

For the same reason that racisem has always grown. It is comforting to blame you problems on other people. It is hard to look in the mirror and look for your faults.

I had a great artical that spoke to the "Addiction of Hate" How hate affects the brain like drugs. Blaming your faults and problems (unemployment, poverty, etc.) on other races takes the feeling of failure off of yourself and puts it onto others (its there fault). If you can convince youself of this it is releving. The more hate you create the more pressure you relieve. This has effects on the mind similar to drugs and becomes addicting.

Racisem is also passed from generation to generation. I think sociaty as a whole is doing a good job of reducing racisem generation by generation. But socities misfits will always flock to racisem to place their problems on others.

I will look for the artical.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Look forward to it.

13. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You misunderstood - I did not say that Racism is necessarily logical, but it is the logical extension of intolerance. Political correctness says you have to treat other people - them - with the decency and consideration you want for yourself.

Once you feel free to treat other people - them - as less than human, as less than yourself, that leads to a world of badness - racism, religious intolerance, gay-bashing, prisoner-torture, whatever particular cruelty your nature is drawn to.

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Being 'anti PC' does not in any way shape or form lead to your logic.

Hate is hate.

Being against what God has commanded us to be against - homosexuality, abortion, the break down of the family is just being against the logical result of PC and satan's control of this country.

I do not know why you consider Racism logical . . . but, racism is sick.

Stick to your PC world . . . Be for evil. Be against Christianity.

15. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

First of all Daisy never once stated racism was logical, in fact she stated just the opposite. Secondly, it is ridiculous to claim she is against Christianity and for evil just because she has the common respect and decency to treat others as she wants to be treated. Maybe others on this board should follow her lead. There is a way to be against something, and decent and respectful at the same time. Anti-PCism is the first step to being racist, sexist, etc.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

But one cannot equivocate sharing bibical truths (that homosexuality is wrong) with hate. And that is what a few of the more radical PC groups do.

I would argue that telling someone who is gay that there is a God that loves them, and there's a way out of the lifestyle that they live is a very loving thing to do...you're offering them the greatest Hope there is.

Daisy, the word that scares me in your paragraph is "intolerance." I always want to hear one's definition of intolerance. Is it,

a. "I hate you and your lifestyle so much that I intend to inflict harm or misery upon you and yours because of it." (I would call this "intolerance.")

or

b. "God's word says that what you are doing is wrong, and thus I cannot approve of your actions. However, God loves you and so do I." (I would think of this as a bibical respones to an unbiblical lifestyle.)

Unfortunately, many of the PC crowd would still say that "B" is showing intolerance. Some of the more radical crew insist that anything less than full approval of another's lifestyle and beliefs as equal to one's own would be considered intolerant.

In my experience, those who holler "intolerance" the loudest are often times themselves intolerant of anyone who bases their lives on moral absolutes.

I feel a tightrope must be walked...between bigotry on either side--the radical PC crowd on on side, and the racists on the other.

17. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Political correctness calles for alot ALOT more then mearly being respectfull as Daisy makes it out to be. If it were only being respectful to others different then most would not have a problem.

If you speak against something you believe is wrong then you are being not PC. That is contrary to what we are to do as Christians.

If I say homosexuality is wrong then I am not being PC. That is not disrespectful. Gay people are still people and I am not hatefull. But I will say I believe their lifestyle is sinfull. If that makes me non PC so be it. It does not make me a bigot.

18. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

RBell Hit the nail on the head, while I was typing.

:thumbs:

19. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Rbell and DJ I agree with you both in terms of how you define intolerance. Unfortunately many anti-pc'ers take it to the extreme. You can say you are against something but do it in a respectful way. Case in point there was a big outcry on this board after Katrina, when it was mentioned that those displaced from NO were NOT refugees. The PC police had a field day. There is a problem when people cannot understand why that would be offensive. some are more concerned with their right to be anti-pc than they are with treating those who are different with Christian love and respect.

20. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I agree. And it is important to define words before a discusion. When somebody says Political correct most everybody thinks tolarance for everything. Very few people define PC as basic respect.

People from NO were not refugees based on the definition of the word refugee. I dont know if it was ment disrespectfully, but it is just incorrect. When I talk about refugees from other parts of the world, I am not being disrespectful.