1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

who all is going to hell

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by corndogggy, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

One can start at a good church. Again ask your pastor. But anyone that views the Bible as a bunch of rambling stuff needs to seek out help from someone.

Being that you have expressed your view of the Bible, I would like to ask you what are your views of Christ.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Y don't consider saying "I don't understand" an "offensive and pejorative" statement. I think you're exaggerating.

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not the one.

Why don't you read his list again. See if you are able to pick out the offensive and pejorative statements that are distortions of the scriptures quoted.

I stand by what I have said.

peace to you:praying:

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How does that coincide with Romans 10:14 "How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?" Does the absence of a preacher negate election?

5. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Offensive or not, that's what the bible says. If you don't agree with my assessment, I have provided the exact place where I'm talking about, you're free to say it says something else. The ones that I didn't think make sense, I've marked with a question mark. For example, why in the world did the wedding guest get sent to hell simply because he showed up with the wrong garments on? It didn't seem to be a figurative allegory and I'm not sure it says he did anything else wrong.

[offensive remarks removed]

#25 corndogggy, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  6. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For example, to understand what the bible says about marriage, you've got to read alot of Paul's works. If you don't think that Paul rambles, you're kidding yourself. That was the biggest complaint that the ancient greek philosophers made about Paul... it wasn't his core ideas, [offensiveness removed].

#26 corndogggy, Apr 19, 2009
  7. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's get it straight. I'm not offended by what the bible says.

I find some of corndogggy's comments about what the bible says to be offensive and prejorative. I believe, IMHO, you are deliberately being offensive and maligning of what scripture says.
    Matt. 22:2 "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son....."

How can you possibly miss the figurative language, unless you just purposely ignore it so you can promote your agenda of maligning the bible with prejorative comments.
    Sheol can simply mean the grave, which I am certain you were already aware of.

If you are really so ignorant of the meaning of these passages of scripture (which I don't believe for a second), perhaps you should take a little time (a year or two) and actually study the bible.

Then, perhaps, you can appreciate God's revelation of Himself through the inspiration of Holy Spirit.

Unless and until you do, I'm certain you will continue you agenda of bible bashing. Of course, that is simply MHO.

peace to you:praying:

8. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it's a parable but it's not using language such as in Revelations if that makes any sense. The story is straightforward and should be easily understandable but it's not.

My question is why that king sent that guy to hell even if it is a parable. I mean, the king is the one who told the servants just to pull random people off the street as guests, then he gets ticked that one of those guys doesn't happen to have on proper wedding attire, so he sends them to hell. It makes no sense. If one of the esteemed guests that he personally invited showed up like that, maybe, but no, it's not like that.

It's like our president telling his aides to pull a random person off the streets of D.C. at the last minute to fill up a banquet hall for a really important dinner then getting so mad that he's not wearing a tuxedo that he has this random person killed, [offensiveness removed]

#28 corndogggy, Apr 19, 2009
  9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Well said. All the elect will be saved! Those whom God leaves in their unbelief will be cast into the lake of fire.

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The purpose of parables then was so that those who did not want truth would not understand. We who have the whole bible today can make out what this means.

What does wedding make you think of? Jesus talks about being a bridegroom and Rev. 19 talks about the marriage feast or supper of the Lamb. We know the church is the bride of Christ.

One not dressed in the proper wedding attire is one who has not trusted in Christ.

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What do people see when they look at us? Certainly they see our clothes. They also see our deeds. As James said, faith without works is dead. Those who show up without the proper wedding attire are professing Christians who have never been born again and therefore their self-proclaimed faith is dead.

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

God will bring His elect unto salvation in Jesus Christ!