1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are the ELECT?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Wes Outwest, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

The thief called on the Lord God of all creation to remember him. He saught the Lord's deliverance in the "afterlife". The Lord delivered in this life!

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice thought but try this one... He was delivered in this life because of the book of rememberance that was penned in the halls of eternity between the Trinity. His named was penned by the blood of Christ in the Lambs book of life. The other one was left out... Some elected to eternal life others elected to eternal damnation... Brother Glen

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Jesus invite is to the 'whosoever will, let him take . . . ' [Revelation 22:f]

The worldling has nothing to say and could care less. But the church is mentioned in the above verse. The Bride/the church says, please for your eternal securities sake, Come!!' Even the precious Holy Spirit says, Come!' Plus, John 3:16.

4. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Tyndale 1946,

You said,
    So much for limiting the Divine love of God toward His lost creation. So much for infecting the Divine Justice of God with a corrupt virus.

Thank God this is only in your mind. You make it sound like it makes "God's day" to damn lost souls. How diabolical a thought is this?!

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

one believed the other did not!

One shall be taken the other left behind!

6. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Tyndale 1946,

You are still ignoring these verses. Don't make your case look so weak. Again,

'If you are right I am sure you will explain to us a brief explanation for each or at least some of these verses. Explain to us John 1:7, I Timothy 2:4, Hebrews 1:9 and Revelation 22:17.'

Just repeating your mantra does not strengthen your view. Answer to the truth by exegeting these verses. [​IMG]

7. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 1:7
    The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. What is to explain John was the forerunner of Jesus Christ... Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world... Is it the whole Adamic race of mankind?... If it is then Salvation is conditional upon a dead alien sinner. Also according to the words out of John the Baptist own mouth he's declaring a finished work of Jesus Christ and exactly what he would do... Ergo All are going to heaven and none will be left out according to your interpretation of the words All and world.
    Correction God did not elect anyone to eternal damnation he just elected those to eternal life. Since all the Adamic race of mankind were bound for hell anyway he just left them in their place... Brother Glen

8. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Tyndale;
    I know you know better than that. We are saved by Christ not predestination or election or the Holy Spirit.
    Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Plainly my friend election only means we have been chosen. How ever Salvation is still conditional. We must first Trust in our Savior.

Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

9. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

John 1:7 says that because Jesus is the exceedingly great Light in our world, it is His intent that all sinning persons would come to know Him. ‘The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all persons through Him might believe.’

I Timothy 2:4 indicates that it is the Godhead’s desire that all sinners might be saved when they understand that Jesus is the truth. The Greek word is ‘wishes’ that all will understand He Who is the truth. ‘Who wishes all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.’

Hebrews 1:9 indicates that Jesus did not die for just His chosen few in the sense that Calvinists think. Jesus felt the pangs of death for every man, woman, boy and girl. ‘But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.’

Revelation 22:17 tells us that the Holy Spirit and Jesus’ church invites the ‘whosoever will’ to come to God. Even the one who hears His call should say come. The water of life is not only free, but is available to all who will hear, respond, and believe in Jesus Christ. [John 1:12] The Revelation passage reads, ‘And the Spirit and the Bride say come. And let him who hears say come. And let the one who is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take of the water of life freely.’

It is interesting to me that in one verse there is no restriction as to who may come. The word ‘come’ is referred to three times. The Spirit of God, of course, speaks for the other members of the Godhead when He says, ‘come.’ The word elect is not even hinted at in this last and open invitation to believe in Jesus Christ.

Of course, all will not come,[Mark16:16]only those who have believed will be coming to the true and living God. The atonement was sufficient for all, but only efficient in the elect. The elect are those who truly believe in Jesus in the salvific sense of the word.

The word, 'Come' is referred to three times in one verse. What is the point? Emphasis. Come!!

John the Baptist in Matthew 3:2 and Jesus in Matthew 4:17 told the lost to 'repent.' Repentance comes from the heart and response of men and women. If they were not able to respond, Jesus would not have demanded it. Our Lord said, 'Repent; for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.' Yes, God helps the sinner to repent but in the final sense men have to make their commitment to the Lord.

Of course, there are options but they are found in Mark 16:16, and remain only two. Saved or damned; Heaven or Hell. Man's choice! But always remember it is God's grace coming from His all inclusive and perfect plan of eternal redemption.

10. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

John 1:7 IN CONTEXT

11. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I would add that Revelation 20:14,15, make abundantly clear that there are but two options. Believe and have your name written into the book of life, or Don't believe and be cast into the lake of fire because your name is not found in the book of Life. Yes, according to the Letters to the Churches, one's name can be blotted from the book of life! and that is due to LACK OF FAITH!

12. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Notice that Paul is convinced that God want's everyone to be saved, and that Jesus offered himself to be a ransom for ALL! Not just some nebulous elect!

13. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

14. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

This is a description of the New earth with it's New Jerusalem, out of which flows the river of living water. The imagery is clear that God want's none to perish, for the sheer magnitude of the New Jerusalem, a cube with 1500 mile sides and height, could easily accommodate a population greater than 10 BILLION, a number that roughly approximates the total count of all humanity from Adam to now.

15. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Exactly right! And that is just the city; what about the suburbs and countryside.

The walls of the city--86 feet high and the city--1,500 square miles.

I am ready to be spirited away someday into His glorious Presence. It will be worth all of the trials and testings of our life time. ;)

16. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is election before conversion or after conversion?... Ergo Peter... When thou art converted strength the brethren... So when is Peter elected?... So do you believe because you are elected or are you elected because you believe?... Since you are looking for my interpretation please clarify Romans 8:28 thru 34. Is your election according to your acceptance of Christ Salvation?... Explain then the potters house where God fashions vessels to honor or dishonor?... Just as the dead alien sinner God has power over the clay and not the reverse. God predestinates and calls the clay and the clay answers because the clay is bound for glory. He does not call those he has not as they have no reason to answer because they are not his. Ergo Salvation is the Lords work and never trusted in the hands of the sinner. The bible NEVER teaches Yo-Yo Salvation or Grace. None of Gods children will be lost and God put his stamp on it. Then Jesus Christ carried out the WILL of the Father... Did I stir the pot a little?... Brother Glen

17. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Did God. the potter, not create all the clay that exists?

Is not all the clay His?

18. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The clay is passive as in any clay in the hand of the potter. It is fashioned and created by the potter and he alone determines what it is called not the clay determining what it is. Ergo Jesus declaration as the good shepard to those that did not belong to him and never can because he did not die for them... Ergo you are not of my sheep... My sheep hear my voice and follow me and I give unto them eternal life and they shall never perish. The dead alien sinner cannot purchase eternal life as it is a gift given by God to his elect children and no one else... Ergo I give unto them eternal life and they shall never perish my Father which gave me them is greater than all... Ergo I come in the volume of the books it is written of me to do thy will oh God!... Brother Glen

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Where do you get the idea that Jesus' atonement for sin is not for ALL sin in ALL times?

Jesus died to atone for sin, not for individual people. With sin paid for, individual people who are sinners by nature, can have everlasting life through their faith in God the Son!

20. rc

rc New Member

Jesus paid for a dept ...and then if you don't believe you have to pay for that debt again! Good theology...