1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are we as a Gentile

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Jul 7, 2006.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

We are the Egyption family who seen the work of the Israel God who brought the plagues.

We did as the Israel did and covered our doorway with the lambs blood and saved our oldest Son.

We are the Egyption family who seen the work of the Israel God who brought the plagues. Then followed the Israel out of Egypt and circumsized all the boys in our family so we can can join in the festivities of the passover and be treated like one born in the land.

We are Rahab who gave shelter for the two Israel spies and was given mercy from God.

We are Ruth who told Naomi,"Your people will be my people and your God my God."

We are the women who ask Jesus to save our child and He said that He only came for only the Lost sheep of Israel, and we said even dogs eat from the master table and Jesus showed mercy on us.

I know that the Jews are the elect of God, God has included me when I heard the Gospel of my salvation having believed.

I have not forgoten where I came from, but God said this through John.

John 1:12
    Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

Jews know who the elect of God is and know they can be cut out for unbelief, some of you are thinking of yourself higher than you ought to.

#1 psalms109:31, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2006
  2. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Hello

I really enjoyed a few of your bullets. Please allow me to ask you: Do you believe Israel is the elect of God? I mean bloodline Israel.

Romans 2
    28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

These verses seem to indicate that being a real "Jew" has nothing to do with "Jewish blood".

What do you think?

3. Brother James

Brother James New Member

Here's what I am. The seed of Abraham. Part of the Israel of GOD.

Galations 4:
    26: For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
    27: For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    28: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
    29: And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

4. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Amen

Good Scripture, James. Are you saying we agree?

5. Brother James

Brother James New Member

Absolutley my dear brother!

6. Brother James

Brother James New Member

ACTS 13:

29: And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.
    30: But God raised him from the dead:
    31: And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.
    32: And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,
    33: God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

God has fulfilled all promises in The Lord Jesus Christ!

7. psalms109:31

Jews

Yes i do believe that the bloodline of Israel is the elect.

The scripture tells us why they were cut out, because of unbelief.

We are included when we heard the Gospel and believed.

God told the Jews that they were His people, from the beginning.

God cut those out because of unbelief, not because they were not chosen, but because of unbelief.

We are not to be arragont but afraid, if God did not spare the natural branches He will not spare us either.

The scripture teaches that it is those who endure to the end that will be saved.

My dependance is on Jesus for salvation, not on election.

When i received Christ and believed that is when i was adopted as a son.

The regular children was cut out for unbelief, so i must remain faithful. My hope for my salvation is Jesus.

He paid my debt.

#7 psalms109:31, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2006
  8. psalms109:31

Israel

Israel is the lost sheep of Israel not us Gentiles, but praise God He has included us when we heard the Gosple of our salvation having believes

9. Brother James

Brother James New Member

ROMANS 9:
    6: Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
    7: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
    8: That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

10. psalms109:31

I agree with that scripture

God has disowned them because of thier unbelief, and included uswho heard the Gosple of our salvation and believed, we have become the new Jerusalem

As the scripture says also'

2 Timothy 2:12
    if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

Warning Against Unbelief
    7So, as the Holy Spirit says:
    "Today, if you hear his voice,
    8do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion,
    during the time of testing in the desert,
    9where your fathers tested and tried me
    and for forty years saw what I did.
    10That is why I was angry with that generation,
    and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray,
    and they have not known my ways.'
    11So I declared on oath in my anger,
    'They shall never enter my rest.' "[Psalm 95:7-11]
    12See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. 15As has just been said:
    "Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion."[Psalm 95:7,8 ]

16Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? 18And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed[Or disbelieved]? 19So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

That is why He says that not all Israel is Israel, because He disowned them because of thier unbelief, and included us when we heard the Gosple of our salvation having believed.

11. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Hello Psalm (I like your verse, by the way)

Just a mild reproof: I really don't mean any harm. I know it is hard to sense that through the internet at times, but here goes: I beg of you, don't make the same mistake many New Tesatment believers make.

My point: You are a part of the mystery of God as revealed to the Apostle Paul if you have trust Christ to save you. You are part of the Israel of God according to the Scriptures our brother James shared with you. You are the elect according to the following Scripture.

Colossians 3
    12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Does this not mean you are part of the elect of God? How many "elects" does He have? Please earnestly study the Scriptures myself and James have left you.

Also, as far as the passages you sited for losing one's salvation: I would encourage you, as a member of the mystery of God, find your proof texts for doctrine in the letters from our Apostle Paul..God's spokesman for this age. Your Scriptures from Hebrews and Psalms are lovely to say the least. They are however, someone else's instruction much like God gave instruction to Noah to build and ark, but not to us. However, we do learn from what God told Noah to do, namely, we learn from his faith (Hebrews 11) being shown by his obedience, but still, we don't build an ark because that is Noah's mail, not ours.

Thanks for your consideration on these matters.

Your brother,
    Bill

12. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jews that were cut off for unbelief, were in the same condition as Gentiles; Lost because of their unbelief.

The Jews that believed did so because they were "chosen" (Rom. 11:7 "What then? That which Israel is seeking for, it has not obtained, but those who were chosen obtained it, and the rest were hardened." Being "chosen" by God made the difference.

We Gentiles, who are "chosen" and are brought to salvation in Jesus by God, are therefore in the same condition as those Jews who are "chosen" and believed. (Rom. 8:26-33).

The "elect" are one group, made up of Jews and Gentiles (all nations), that God has chosen for salvation by His own will, by the working out of His plan of redemption for them, and according to the power of Holy Spirit who brings us all into the relationship with God as the "children of God".

peace to you:praise:

13. psalms109:31

Jews

Alll Jews have been chosen by God, but have been cut for unbelief, not because they were not chosen.

If they do not persist in thier unbelief, they will be grafted back.

The Jews can put back on the election, but me as a Gentile was included with them when I heard the Gosple of my salvation having believed.

I am not an elect, but God sees no difference between me and them.

As you see it is belief in Jesus that is your hope, not election.

See the young rich ruler was chosen and elected by Jesus and walked away.

God chosen you is not your hope, but following Him is.

Proverbs 3:5
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;6 in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. [Or will direct your paths]

I am a dog at the master table, that He has made me one of His own. He told me straight out that I was not His, but praise God He has included me when I heard the Gosple of my salvation having believed.

We are not to be arragont but afraid, if God did not spare the natural branches He will not spare us either

14. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rom 11:7 says that of all the Jews, only those that were chosen obtained what that were seeking.

My hope is in Jesus, not in my ability to believe in Jesus. I hope you can understand the difference.

peace to you:praise:

15. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Psalms

Psalms 109,
    Do you not like me or something? How come my question on Colossians 3:14 has not received an answer other than the following:

"I am not an elect, but God sees no difference between me and them."

Now, I beg of you, show some consideration to me and answer my question from my previous post.

16. psalms109:31

Truth

Just because God has not revealed to you what He has to me or visa versa doesn't mean we haven't studied the scripture.

I studied the scripture read 4 different versions read a bunch of different commentaries on it and still couldn't understand it.

It wasn't until in my tears reading the gospel that God opened my eyes.

I am glad that i was not influenced by man made doctrine helping me understand the scriptures. That is wrong with most people they study the scripture after they been influenced my mens ideas, and that is thier veil and why they can not understand the scripture.

According to scripture there will be 144,000 elect and the saved will be like the sands of the sea shore.

A few will find the door and those few who find will show others the way.

The workers(elect) are few, but the harvast is plenty, so let us pray to the Lord of the harvast to send out more workers.

Like God told do not be arragont, but afraid, if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare us either.

The scripture says that you have to believe to be saved and that only those who endure to the end shall be saved.

So we got to keep our trust in Jesus, not in election, because you will be cut out for unbelief.

#16 psalms109:31, Jul 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2006
  17. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I haven't kept up with this thread, but it's amazing to see how many people make saved OT Jews and Christians one entity. Maybe I'm misreading what you all are saying, but there are not just two groups of people the saved and the lost.

God has three firstborn sons. He has His Only Begotten Son, which is a first and only born. He has Israel as a firstborn son by creation and then He will have a first born son by adoption from those that are overcomers within Christendom.

To combine everyone into one large group leaves you with serious contradictions in the Bible!

Again maybe I'm misreading where some of you all are coming from, so feel free to share if I am.

18. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Psalms and Jump

I can see this is a no win.

Psalms, you don't even address the Scriptures brought up. It's hard to have light shed on them when you don't want to open your eyes. I may seem hateful, but you sound like you're saying "Don't Confuse me with the facts"

Jump,
    No Scripture at all on your post. How can I argue with that?

Is there anyone else out there that believes what God says in His Word?

19. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

So you are saying that you have never read Scripture that says Christ is the Only Begotten Son of God? That would be John 3:16. Have you never read that Israel is God's son even His firstborn? That would be what Moses was instructed to tell pharoah when he was told to let the people go. That would be Exodus 4:22.

Romans 8 & 9 deal with adoption as sons. Galations 4:5 and Ephesians 1:5.

Hope that helps.

20. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Jump

The issue at hand is "Is the church the elect of God"? as brought up by Psalms 109

I share a verse in the writings of Paul that says we are the elect of God. Now, we can go from several angles, but PrimePower7 (Bill Sturm) is part of the elect of God! As was shown by James and myself, I am also part of the true Israel of God (earlier in the thread).

I am not a second thought to God.."Like oops, Israel messed up, I guess I'll take Bill". No way, I was foreknown before the earth was laid to be His elect, His chosen, part of His Israel. Look at the Scriptures stated earlier in the thread.