1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who did I vote for?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Don, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calminian, you should quit while you are behind...snip

#41 Rolfe, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016
  2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, I understand now. My apologies; I didn't initially realize you were going for satire.

3. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most important aspect of voting is voting the conscience. Many folk seem to have their consciences "seared with a hot iron".

When the smoke, mud and political rhetoric have diminished---- God is still on His throne; the world is still going to hell in a handbasket; the lifelong bureaucrats still implement the policies from the elected officials; governments at all levels are still bankrupt; opium derivatives (legal and illegal) and other narcotics peddlers control the world(with some help from the gunrunners); etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Our major problem: Amorality. This is not a new situation--Sodom and Gommorah had a similar problem. Remember Lot's wife?

Jesus is still the only answer. A lot of repentance in sackcloth and ashes by God's people would be appropriate.

Which ones are the real Christians? They all look and act the same on Monday. The world has not a clue--not even looking for one.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree, but believe this is mostly based on a misunderstanding of the moral requirements of a government leader. Trump would never make a good pastor, and would likely agree, and never attempt to attain such a position. It's not what he was running for.

What I tried to do this campaign is let people know governors have a very narrow scope of responsibility. They don't need to pass the Timothy/Titus test, only the Romans 13 test. They don't even need to be Christians.

The media was working like mad to shame Christians over Trump. It worked. One net positive is, this may have enlightened the Church on its freedoms in this regard.

That said, I don't recommend anyone violate their own conscience. I do want them to inform their conscience.